Author Topic: new on here - advice on mk6 gti ordering please!!!!  (Read 1967 times)

Offline 320dsport-mk6gti

• Just got here
new on here - advice on mk6 gti ordering please!!!!
« on: 16 January 2010, 22:36 »
Hi,

I'm new to the site and need some advice - hope you can help!

I'm due to change my company car in march and following a fast cross country drive in my friends mk5 gti I very much want a mk6 gti for my next motor!

Spec req is fairly basic - 3dr, manual, candy white, options: monza shadows, parking sensors and a DAB radio.

The local dealer said approx 10 weeks for delivery (when I called them just before xmas) but from the posts one here it would seem that some of the dealers are telling porkie pies? (the problem with commission weighted pay i suppose?)

The bmw is due to be handed back at the end of march and I want to minimise my time in a hire car, so if I put my order in next week when do you think i'm actually going to get a mk6 gti on my driveway?

steve

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
Re: new on here - advice on mk6 gti ordering please!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 16 January 2010, 22:42 »
There are quite a few cancelled orders out there so you may find a dealer that will be able to meet your time scale. I would ask if they have any cancelled order and if they do and you do the deal if you could see the build week given on the DIALOG system(VW ordering system) as proof of the time scale.
It all comes down to if VW can sort there parts shortages out and sort out there backlog of orders at the factory.
I would think and this is a pure guess that any that are not cancelled orders or orders already placed in the system, or priority listd orders(like the R model) then a fresh order been placed a wait of around 16 weeks is probably the minimum best at present if your luckie.
« Last Edit: 16 January 2010, 22:47 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline 320dsport-mk6gti

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 16 January 2010, 22:50 »
thanks,

don't know if it would make a difference but its going to be on a two year lease rather than an outright purchase?

Offline denyason

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 17 January 2010, 04:55 »
if u want it quick- do what i did back in august-  ordered a stock model they had and from ordering to owning took about 2 weeks.  black metallic, 19 inch , no need wasting cash on extras which can make it very dear- for a "golf".  it aint really worth it but leather is a good option.  the less fussy you are, the more likely you are to get a gti without waiting half a yr or so...
the golf gti was an impulse buy too- i'd already pre-ordered an audi avant... 

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 17 January 2010, 08:53 »
As above - there are plenty of dealer stock GTI's on VW used car finder if you aren't overly fussy on spec.  No fuss no muss ...
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate