Author Topic: INFO Mk3 dealer fit alarm/immobiliser info... conlog and scorpion  (Read 67739 times)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Here is my guide to the dealer fit alarm and immobiliser's...
there were a few different "dealer" option fit alarm and immobiliser options on top of the factory key immobiliser that were fitted from 1994

first is the Scorpion 915
key fob

Now the Scorpion 918
Key fob is similar to the 915 but with 2 buttons

There was also the Scorpion 5000 (2 button remote and cat1 certified)
Info required as I'm having trouble finding correct details but here is the reset instructions
If it's the original Scorpion 5000 alarm it needs the battery to be reconnected in a set sequence for the alarm to be reset.

1 With battery disconnected turn ignition on
2 connect battery (at this point you should hear the alarm registering power, though not 'going off')
3 turn off ignition
4 press and hold down the set alarm button for 10 seconds (though it will probably set after only 2 or 3 seconds)

that should reset everything but you will have problems if you have been trying all sorts of things and confused the alarm system. If that is the case disconnect from the battery for a while (maybe as much as a few hours) so the alarm unit is discharged of all power before setting as above.

then we have the conlogic 850/950 series made by conlog

Instruction manual
http://boneybradley.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=4973844

over ride location (for models that had this fitted)

If anybody has pictures of fob's,manuals,fitting guides etc etc please pm me the details and I will update this thread as required  :wink:

« Last Edit: 05 September 2010, 23:40 by boneybradley »
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline harlemex

• I live here
This is very helpful, cheers to Boney...

Offline Vdubbster

• I live here
Cheers, I have the 915 and desperately need to upgrade it

Offline *tell*

• I live here
good thread  :cool:

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
good thread  :cool:

thanks.... I know loads of people have alarm issues and was bored at work so!!  :wink:

Offline admc6

• I live here
When i get the chance i will add some scans of the Logic 900 instruction manual i have. Maybe this weekend

Offline zoomered

• GTI forum regular
Hi i have a Scorpion 918. I don't seem to have the key that it talks about. Does anyone know how i can disconnect my battery without the alarm going off? Thanks

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Hi i have a Scorpion 918. I don't seem to have the key that it talks about. Does anyone know how i can disconnect my battery without the alarm going off? Thanks

Mines the 918 without the over ride key and I simply disconnect the battery without issues!

Offline skcollob_ho

• Here all the time
I have a Meta Systems alarm on mine. Don't know if this is an aftermarket replacement or original from the showroom.

A totalitarian regime, crushes all autonomy in it's drive to seize the human soul.

Offline ash0402

• Not said much yet
hi just wondering if anyone can shine any light on why my alarm doesnt make a sound!
im 99% sure its a Scorpion 918 everything seems to work fine but there is no siren or beeps or anything! even when i press the panic button any ideas would help! cheers ash