Author Topic: Mk4 golf front fogs  (Read 3594 times)

Offline Ajamesc

• Not said much yet
Mk4 golf front fogs
« on: 25 November 2017, 18:16 »
Just noticed my mk4 has fogs built into the front head lights. Also has the front fog symbol on the switch but they don’t work. Anyone know the fuse / relay numbers?

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: Mk4 golf front fogs
« Reply #1 on: 26 November 2017, 10:38 »
Have u tried pulling the switch out to turn them on and most mk4s have there fog lights built in to the headlight except cars fitted with xenon lights

Offline Ajamesc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 27 November 2017, 14:21 »
Lol of course I’ve pulled the switch out and yes there built into the head lights bulbs are there but not working. Hence the question anyone know wear the relay is what is number is and if there’s a fuse

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #3 on: 27 November 2017, 14:26 »
What model year?
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Ajamesc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 27 November 2017, 17:30 »
Mine a 53 reg gt tdi pd150

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2017, 20:30 »
Interested to see how you get on with this question...the service manual provides some confusing advice.

eg. Turn switch to sidelight position and pull out to first detent position..turns on rear foglight.
     Turn switch to full (dipped) headlight position and pull out to second detent position and both front and rear come on.

My rear one works as it should, but I can't get my front ones to work. No real problem for me as I have a set of LED angel eye types, fitted in the lower side grill sections and they are automatically turned on when the motor is running.
They double as DRLs and fog lights...over here, all vehicles moving on the road MUST have front, white lights, showing at all times, regardless of the time of the day. My lights are set up so whenever the motor is running, headlights (dipped) and the LEDs are showing. When I stop and park, switch the motor off, the headlights go out straight away...the LEDS stay on for about 2 mins.
« Last Edit: 28 November 2017, 09:09 by bgbazz »
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline Ajamesc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 30 November 2017, 19:37 »
I’ve not even looked at it yet I’ve my service van this week as I’m a call out technition for daf. Was just after info. I’ll look at it on Monday when I do the belt. If put the lights on pull the switch out the rear fogs work and the dash icon comes on. Pull the switch out one more and nothing happens. The switch must signal a relay. I’ll fix it lol.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #7 on: 30 November 2017, 22:18 »
Front fogs should come on on first pull out, rears only on the second?!

2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline Ajamesc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 01 December 2017, 20:49 »
Sorted it now they only come on first pull on side lights only. If you turn the head lights on they go off. Someone said above that’s how they work

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 01 December 2017, 21:58 »
Turn your headlights on and the fog lights go off, sounds logical :grin:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity