Author Topic: "Genuine" temp senders  (Read 695 times)

Offline Big Tone

• I live here
"Genuine" temp senders
« on: 24 May 2011, 14:18 »
Right, just paid 30+ squid for a sender from vw, thing is, it looks EXACTLY like the one I bought off the bay for a tenner two and a half years ago.
W itould not make sense to just buy the cheaper?
Or is there something extra to offer with vw? E.g. more precise readings???? Cant see it myself

****FOR SALE**** 11 Months MOT, 5 Months Tax - 1.8T AUM, Stage 1 map, Lowered 35mm on Jamex Springs, Smoothed Airbox, Pipercross Panel, Forge 007P, N249 Bypass, Silicon Breather Hoses,Silicon Vac Hoses, Top Mounts & Bushes All Round, Catch Can Install,  New Discs and Pads All Round, A Big Sub, A SH*TLOAD of Polishing and A Thirst For V-POWER! Profile/msg for info!

Offline andc1

• I live here
Re: "Genuine" temp senders
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2011, 14:40 »
they are different, i had a cheap one and lastest bout 6 months

Offline Chris36

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2011, 15:32 »
I second that - get a genuine from TPS

Offline houston

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2011, 16:21 »
Right, just paid 30+ squid for a sender from vw, thing is, it looks EXACTLY like the one I bought off the bay for a tenner two and a half years ago.
W itould not make sense to just buy the cheaper?
Or is there something extra to offer with vw? E.g. more precise readings???? Cant see it myself

just cos the casings the same doesnt mean the internals are, the casings are probably bought from the same company that does the oe but to get the costs down they cut corners in assembly and use cheaper internals.

tbh you did good to get so long out of an ebay copy

Offline andc1

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2011, 17:59 »
chris36 where r u in west sussex?

Offline Big Tone

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 May 2011, 20:38 »
Well, its fitted and car gets up to temp quickly and stays, ain't done anything with vagcom yet but that's a job for tomorrow

****FOR SALE**** 11 Months MOT, 5 Months Tax - 1.8T AUM, Stage 1 map, Lowered 35mm on Jamex Springs, Smoothed Airbox, Pipercross Panel, Forge 007P, N249 Bypass, Silicon Breather Hoses,Silicon Vac Hoses, Top Mounts & Bushes All Round, Catch Can Install,  New Discs and Pads All Round, A Big Sub, A SH*TLOAD of Polishing and A Thirst For V-POWER! Profile/msg for info!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #6 on: 24 May 2011, 21:53 »
Genuine is better