Author Topic: SPARK PLUGS  (Read 5563 times)

Offline gaz_marshall

• Not said much yet
Re: SPARK PLUGS
« Reply #10 on: 08 June 2009, 16:18 »
I am totally sucked in. They sound great!

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 08 June 2009, 16:40 »
this is what it says in vw golf+ mag
"its a new range of spark plugs are so new that they are yet to be advertised at the the time of going to press! new pulsar pulse plugs are made in the USA and are ten times more powerful than standard plugs. energy from the engine's power coil is stored and in the built in capacitor of the pulsar plug.
At the exact moment needed, that the energy is released in a amazingly quick (two nanoseconds!) high energy pulse. These pulses ignite the fuel sooner and more thoroughly, therefore increasing internal cylinder pressure by as much as 10%. The result is an increase in power and torque as the company has proven on the rollers (there is a picture of the dyno print out!) with a mk4 golf 1.8T GTi posting a very healthy 10.8bhp increase!"

Offline Car nut

• Here all the time
  • The Black Beaver
« Reply #12 on: 08 June 2009, 16:40 »
whos got a test rig :grin:

I'll get a set once my susension upgrade is done next month... :grin:  :grin:

Ned to do away with the Tractor look 1st  :wink:
Daily Hack - '53 - AUM - GTI T  "The Black Beaver" :wink:
Playing with a  Black Beaver   :grin:  -  Updated  -  Wed, Jul 8 2009 4:56 PM 
BMW E39 M5 Individual '02- 400bhp - Sold but not forgotten !
Jaguar E Type S1 FHC 3.8 - Project car on my website in Profile

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 08 June 2009, 16:47 »
it is alot of money to spend on 4 spark plugs! think i will buy one a month then get back with the results! :grin:

Offline james2

• I live here
  • No scammers please.
« Reply #14 on: 08 June 2009, 16:48 »
However gets them first post on here what there like cheers :wink:
AGU 1.8T. Mods done: R32 front bumper, turborev smic, ngk platinum spark plugs, uprated pancake pipe, demon motorsport boost hoses, forge 007 dv, forge engine cover, r-tec stage 1 map ,home made cold airfilter ,run on 98 ron fuel and castrol edge 0w 40 oil. Advanti racing alloys.

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 08 June 2009, 19:23 »
well if you do actually get 10.8bhp increase 99 quid or whatever it is isnt really that expensive if you think about the gains you get from other products which are actually more e.g. Exhaust, TIP, Induction Kit etc...

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #16 on: 08 June 2009, 19:30 »
This is actualy true. Nick from Rteck told me that they tried them on the dyno on their own 1.8T and they saw nice gains with them (cant remember exactly how much he said), he said the only downfall is price of them but they are worth it considering what your getting. I did some research about them a while back and they basically conduct electricity much much better and instead of a small spark they have like a more powerful one that makes the detonation process much stronger and faster.

Offline Car nut

• Here all the time
  • The Black Beaver
« Reply #17 on: 08 June 2009, 19:45 »
and how long do they last mileage/ time between changes?
Daily Hack - '53 - AUM - GTI T  "The Black Beaver" :wink:
Playing with a  Black Beaver   :grin:  -  Updated  -  Wed, Jul 8 2009 4:56 PM 
BMW E39 M5 Individual '02- 400bhp - Sold but not forgotten !
Jaguar E Type S1 FHC 3.8 - Project car on my website in Profile

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #18 on: 08 June 2009, 19:46 »
not sure but my rough guess is same as the other spark plugs. It would make service intervals expensive but atleast they are sweet in between.

Offline alex160

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 08 June 2009, 20:07 »
i saw thes in the golf+ mag, they basically store the charge for the spark in the plug so that the bang is given alot quiker if that makes sense, they put a set in the 1.8t and the gains were around 10bhp. but they are £100 for 4 plugs.
2001 Golf GT TDi  150bhp/ 250 ftIb torque  *No smoke, No poke*
Jamex coilovers, 8k HID's, 18" RS6 alloys, Pipercross panel filter. Stage 1 Revo remap.THS FR3 engine mounts, Anniversary headlamps. GTI rear spoiler, Miltek largebore decat/downpipe, Pro-speed cat back exhaust system (V6 4mo style tailpipes) *SOLD*

2002 Golf GT TDi 130. Allard egr removal kit, 18" Audi rs6 alloy wheels. Mk5 rear aero wiper.gen R32 roof spoiler, JOM coilovers, JOM heavy duty adj droplinks