Author Topic: Numerous Vehicle Errors  (Read 3354 times)

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
Re: Numerous Vehicle Errors
« Reply #10 on: 07 April 2021, 18:05 »
Out of interest, how do you check the battery voltage?. Can it be done in the car or do you need to use something like a multimeter or an OBD11?

Also related to that question, you can fit your own battery and save a few quid if you have an OBD11 or similar to program the new battery. I'm sure there will be videos on YouTube to help

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 07 April 2021, 18:46 »
Battery Megastore seems reasonable for my GTD (I am able to code it myself)
https://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/product/yuasa-ybx9096-agm-car-battery-type-096/
I cannot check the voltage in the car, holding down the trip meter might work on the GTI
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #12 on: 08 April 2021, 10:57 »
Just called National Tyres and they can't code it. So, I'm wondering whether it might be better to get a battery online and then buy a OBD11 device to do it myself. If that's the case is there any particular model of OBD11 that's best and good value? I've just had a look on Amazon and the one on there is £120 (I use a Mac and iPhone if that means anything with these devices?!)

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 08 April 2021, 11:11 »
I think you need the 'next gen' version for it to work properly with an Iphone. I bough mine direct from the OBD11 website with their black Friday offer.

They are currently offering the pro for 99 euros, delivery does take a few weeks.

I have just had a look and cannot see an app to change the battery so it looks like you will need the pro version to code it
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #14 on: 08 April 2021, 11:59 »
Just called National Tyres and they can't code it. So, I'm wondering whether it might be better to get a battery online and then buy a OBD11 device to do it myself. If that's the case is there any particular model of OBD11 that's best and good value? I've just had a look on Amazon and the one on there is £120 (I use a Mac and iPhone if that means anything with these devices?!)

Whereabouts are you in the country, might be someone near you with an OBD11 that could code it for you. I know I could if you were near me.
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 08 April 2021, 15:23 »
Good call, I'm in the North West, Preston Area if that is any help :grin:
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 09 April 2021, 14:50 »
You don't need Pro to code the battery. I just ordered the Gen 1 on Amazon.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #17 on: 09 April 2021, 18:07 »
Could you please elaborate then 'sjw'and let everyone know how to do it!
I had a look on the apps and could not see one so any help would be appreciated.
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #18 on: 09 April 2021, 19:33 »
Good clear video here from Andrew at Track Hack, he's coding for a lithium ion but it's the same process  for Pb.

You only need to watch it from 3 minutes for the coding. Simple job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrbvCHDbmmw
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 11 April 2021, 01:38 »
Could you please elaborate then 'sjw'and let everyone know how to do it!
I had a look on the apps and could not see one so any help would be appreciated.

Will try and remember next time I go out in the car! Can't look through the app without it being connected. It's not through the app though. Pretty sure it's in a tutorial that has been posted in either this thread or another to do with the battery