Author Topic: R Paddle shifters for GTI  (Read 4408 times)

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
R Paddle shifters for GTI
« on: 15 March 2021, 13:58 »
Has anyone seen anywhere in which you can buy the extended paddle shifters that the R has so i can hopefully fit them to my clubsport? (when it eventually arrives)

Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline GTi Andy

• Not said much yet
Re: R Paddle shifters for GTI
« Reply #1 on: 20 March 2021, 10:51 »
I was about to ask the same question. The MK8 R has longer paddle shifters as standard so we could do with someone taking theirs off to see if the fitment is the same. If they are then they should be available from VW parts.

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 20 March 2021, 16:05 »
Lots of third party ones out there but I rather fancy just the R oem ones.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline karlos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 21 March 2021, 20:34 »
Any idea if they would fit a 7.5?
2017 (67) GTI PP DSG. Tungsten Silver with DCC, Art Velours, Dynaudio, Climate Screen, Tints, Keyless, Rear Camera, Lane Assist, Seville wheels.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2021, 13:37 »
Any idea if they would fit a 7.5?
I asked this when the first r reviews came out, nobody really answered. From looking at you tube videos though they look to be a different shape to 7.5 ones, could be wrong though.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Kenis

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 16 April 2021, 09:53 »
Can’t remember which review I saw last night or whether it’s accurate but it said the mk8 paddles are different to 7.5 and to change them wasn’t as simple as removing the pin, and would require steering wheel disassembly.

Has anyone with a gti or gti cs looked into changing the paddles yet? Do they have the same pin fitting as the 7.5?
Ordered Apr-21 Arrived Mar-23: MK8 GTI Clubsport, Dolphin, Estorils plus other options

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 16 April 2021, 10:00 »
Can’t remember which review I saw last night or whether it’s accurate but it said the mk8 paddles are different to 7.5 and to change them wasn’t as simple as removing the pin, and would require steering wheel disassembly.

Has anyone with a gti or gti cs looked into changing the paddles yet? Do they have the same pin fitting as the 7.5?

I’ve read the same somewhere - sorry, can’t remember where. If they can’t be easily removed, then stick on paddles are always an option, although with stick on paddle shifters I suppose there’s always a risk they might fall off.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8 on: 16 April 2021, 10:20 »
The know-how for Mk8 stuff is still pretty thin on the ground.

Given that most of this sort of thing is done by performance golf owners, there aren't enough Mk8 GTI/Clubby/Rrrrrr owners yet to see much of that conversation get moving.

Equally the potential demand for third party parts manufacture isn't there either yet.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 16 April 2021, 15:15 »
Never mind paddle extensions, how about paddle warmers?
It’s been bloody freezing at 5am this week and although it’s lovely having a nice warm wheel to hold, the paddles are positively ice cold!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner