Author Topic: Gti Reviews  (Read 49086 times)

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
Re: Gti Reviews
« Reply #280 on: 16 April 2021, 00:19 »
What is that guy smoking? 

Smacks a bottle of drink that is already too small for cup-holder - "That's not going to hold a drink with no lid on it". 

Yanks the rear seat pocket down - "When you pull the seat, the material sags". 

Lifts up PHONE charging compartment, has loads of crap in it - "This is tiny and looks like a shark fin mouth (??)". 

After saying he has driven the car TWICE! - "Everyone hates this car, you get some dodgy looks in it". - Funny that, I have had nothing but compliments in the 6 weeks I have driven mine

In the time he spent trying to put together a comprehensible sentence to complain about the fact that he couldn't find the Traction Control and how he couldn't launch the car, he literally could've picked up the manual and looked it up....but that's the car's fault. 

Drives the car in a 30mph area with speed bumps and decides it's crap and he doesn't want to drive it any more because it's boring.

The guy has likely done this to get views based on the shock value.  Oh and he has a Polo GTI that "SHOOTS CRAZY FLAMES!!" and has a purple starlight roof lining.  Enough said, to be honest...
« Last Edit: 16 April 2021, 01:34 by Brocky_ »
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #281 on: 16 April 2021, 06:43 »
A good summary there. It was the best review I’ve seen in ages, if you know what I mean. Comical. He comes to it with an agenda and leaves with zero credibility. The majority of their comments are just useless waffle. I presume they’ve borrowed the car. Imagine letting someone else drive your car then you find out they’ve slated it as much as they have. Wow.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #282 on: 16 April 2021, 07:53 »
Hardly an objective review; he’d already made his mind up on the outcome before he got anywhere near the car. IMHO he’s being controversial just so people view his video which seems to be working; he’s had 3,800-plus views so far in one day.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Sniffer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #283 on: 16 April 2021, 12:47 »
A good summary there. It was the best review I’ve seen in ages, if you know what I mean. Comical. He comes to it with an agenda and leaves with zero credibility. The majority of their comments are just useless waffle. I presume they’ve borrowed the car. Imagine letting someone else drive your car then you find out they’ve slated it as much as they have. Wow.

He mentioned in his video that it was a "Thrifty car", so I assume that it was on hire. 

I wonder how many speeding points he will get when he takes it back because his driving through built up areas was totally irresponsible. As someone mentioned earlier, he might have had a better chance of understanding how the controls in the car worked, if he had bothered reading the manual.
Long Since: 1981-84 Mk1 Golf GTI (Black);
Long Since: 1984-86 Mk 2 Golf GTI (White);
Long Since: 1986-88 Scirocco GTX (Graphite)
Gap - The Sensible Years (Mostly)
Gone: 2016-18 Mk 7 Golf GT TDI; (Silver)
Gone: 2018-20 Mk7.5 Golf GTI DSG (Red)
Gone: 2020 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (White)
Gone: 2021 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Pearl Black),19"Adelaides, Sports Susp and Winter Pack.
2024 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Kings Red), 19" Adelaides, Sports Susp, Winter Pack & Rear View Camera.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #284 on: 16 April 2021, 15:12 »
he literally could've picked up the manual and looked it up....but that's the car's fault. 

To be fair to him nobody reads the manual, that’s what we have fredgroves for  :whistle:
 :grin:

I’m not going to waste 30 minutes of my life watching that but it sounds like he will enjoy drifting an R through the housing estate far more than actually driving a humble GTI.
In fact he will probably do GTI sales a power of good from those that completely disassociate with him (and might actually be able to afford one).
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #285 on: 16 April 2021, 15:18 »
To be fair to him nobody reads the manual, that’s what we have fredgroves for  :whistle:

To be fair, trying to digest the bloody book cover to cover is pointless. Trying to answer specific questions, its a bit more useful, but nothing like as useful as searching the online version for keywords, because its all over the bloody place.

I feel like I still understand barely any of the car, despite really trying.

If you weren't a try'er you'd be totally lost.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #286 on: 16 April 2021, 16:04 »
he literally could've picked up the manual and looked it up....but that's the car's fault. 

I’m not going to waste 30 minutes of my life watching that but it sounds like he will enjoy drifting an R through the housing estate far more than actually driving a humble GTI.
In fact he will probably do GTI sales a power of good from those that completely disassociate with him (and might actually be able to afford one).
Oh, I don't disagree, Exonian.

I didn't read the manual to discover 'The Brocky Method' of turning off Lane Assist.  I too, don't know how to launch the car and haven't picked up the manual to find out.  Why?  Well, firstly, I am a man.  :grin:   Secondly, because I have no desire to launch the car using anything other than my right foot....just as I don't feel the need to proclaim that the car is the worst GTI ever made on YouTube and base it on my unwillingness to do 30 seconds of reading or on the car's inability to secure a lidless drink by smacking it around with the back of my hand.

I am enjoying mine in 'spirited fashion' just as much as the next person but I wish to continue enjoying it and not have to see it in the garage every few months for tyres and parts.  I also have no desire to have to pick my car out of a ditch (been there, done that) or, if this guy's driving is anything to go by, someone's garden, a schoolyard or a shop-front. 

When online, I always try to live by an ethos of 'Attack the post and not the poster'.  This guy genuinely makes that really quite difficult.
« Last Edit: 16 April 2021, 16:11 by Brocky_ »
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #287 on: 16 April 2021, 16:14 »
Here's one I have been trying to replicate.... somehow I managed to get the climate screen up on the mib by pressing SOMETHING on the steering wheel.

Interesting.... but how on earth did i do it?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #288 on: 16 April 2021, 16:33 »
Here's one I have been trying to replicate.... somehow I managed to get the climate screen up on the mib by pressing SOMETHING on the steering wheel.

Interesting.... but how on earth did i do it?

Heated steering wheel button? I've actually been doing this method as soon as I get in as a different way to 'sync' the climate.
(quickly after the Brocky lane assist method)
Dont know why but find the mode and clima buttons hard to press whilst on the move.

Offline urtoinpo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #289 on: 16 April 2021, 22:18 »
[quote author=
To be fair, trying to digest the bloody book cover to cover is pointless. Trying to answer specific questions, its a bit more useful, but nothing like as useful as searching the online version for keywords, because its all over the bloody place.

I feel like I still understand barely any of the car, despite really trying.

If you weren't a try'er you'd be totally lost.
[/quote]

I've tried reading large chunks of both the car's and the infotainment handbook but never got very far.
I'm one who likes reading a new car's handbook, but have been frustrated with every VAG one I've tried - my Dad's 2018 SEAT Leon one is just as poor.
As stated, VW handbooks are all over the place and have always been that way AFAIK :sad:
2019 Golf '150' EVO Variant/Estate/Wagon (manual)