Author Topic: haribo - mk2 driver  (Read 8907 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
haribo - mk2 driver
« on: 21 November 2005, 13:21 »
here you go :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Haribo!

• I live here
Re: haribo - mk2 driver
« Reply #1 on: 21 November 2005, 15:51 »
cheers

ok got my red driver 1600, in a last minit decision and had to blagg hard to get a lift to collect it, but in the end i got there and managed to haggle the price from 400 down to 210, not bad all that was wrong with it was a small oil leak from the rocker cover and it was in dire need of a polish, other than that it was mint, ran smooth all the way home and gave it a solid polish all over,

i dont have the pictures unfortunatly anymore as they all got lost when my comp crashed so heres what it looks like, now after its been:
 lowered 40mm(should have gone for more really)
 debadged twin lamp grill
 some tsw`s that i got from a guy of this forum for only 40 quid with tyres, not too bad
 smoked rear,side repeaters and front indicators
 layed the wiper flat
 crystal clear cross hairs, with one of dizzie`s looms and some 100watt ice white bulbs
 DTM upswept back box
 some horrible wing mirrors
 and 90 spec arches and sills but not big bumper(that was a mission)
Pre polish

Post polish

Offline Haribo!

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2005, 18:44 »
just put on a carb off a citi golf from south africa, far better than the peirburg 2e2, a bit hard to come by tho, all i need now is an airbox thatll fit it, hopefully it should arriveearly next week along with the manual choke cable(starting it in the morning is annoying) really easy to set up, just two screws easy to find and adjust,

Offline Haribo!

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 25 November 2005, 01:40 »
when i put my 90 spec kit on without the big bumpers i had to do abit of sawing and smoothing to get the front splitter to fit with it, but until now the sides have been hanging cause i couldnt attach them to the front arches, tried glue(stupid idea) this time i made a hole on each side as hidden as i could and used a few cable ties thru the hole in the arches and pulled them so it all sits flush,

aslo i finally got my lazy asre over to my old black golf and got my armour door plates off to put them on me red one

now i still need to swap my rear bumper with the one on the old black golf as mine has a big crack in the middle, after that i really should scrap that black golf, the tax runs out soon  :sad:

pics to follow tomorrow

Offline Haribo!

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 26 November 2005, 01:16 »
and here they are,

Door plates on

took the silly M3 style mirrors off and ive got some nice standard ones back on

Attached my front splitter to my arches, all lines up now

now i spent the evening swapping seat frames so that i had the full mechanism for the 3 door seats but with my 5 door seat covers as they are half leather and charcol rather than grey and nasty color, with green and red stripes  :embarassed: had to cut holes in the fabric to accomidate the lifters but it all worked out ok once ide worked out howe it all came apart

pics to follow

Offline Haribo!

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 26 November 2005, 01:18 »
my car need another buff and not to mention a clean.... its going pink again

Offline Haribo!

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 08 December 2005, 01:35 »
just took that carb off and slapped a weber on, got it by complete chance when a golf pulled into the vw breakers as i was leaving, looked under the bonnet and there it was, 60 quid all mine  :cool: so much better now, i can pull 60 in second doing just over 5000 rpm, couldnt do anything like that before. lovely stuff

Offline Haribo!

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 17 January 2006, 23:46 »
ok weber was crap, first few gears were ok but top end was rubbish, and it didnt run very  smooth chugged alot, so got myself a refurbed pierburg, really smooth, just as fast and i can go 120 again,
also stuck a cone filter on the end of my airbox and took the shhity air filter out, sounds slightly different and i swear its brething better, the cones right by the grill so it gets lots of air i guess  :cool:

Offline Haribo!

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 17 January 2006, 23:49 »
with some helpful tips from the guys in the mk2 section i fitted a remote central locking kit, works great, i can unlock it from my kitchen and scare people walking past as it sounds abit like loading a shotgun  :evil:, ill get picks up of all this stuff tomorrow

Offline Haribo!

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 18 January 2006, 14:32 »
right photo time, 

heres one of my rear at the moment, wiped laid flat, estra tri on the bottom, changed my full tints for half tints and my exhaust(which i wish was quieter)

changed my dor handles for the pull out ones, im not sure how much i like them yet, they look tidyer but seem abit tacky in the way they were made, had to play around for ages to get them to bolt on and work, end idea was some washers where it bolts on on the inside of the door,