Author Topic: Let the fun commence - renewal time  (Read 2330 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Let the fun commence - renewal time
« on: 20 February 2014, 18:18 »
Any of the forum insurers fancy trying to get my business.  :grin:

Best quote so far is £150 so should be entertaining, will post the results up as they come in  :smiley:

PS, feel free to PM if you think you are up for the challenge and want my number  :kiss:

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: Let the fun commence - renewal time
« Reply #1 on: 22 February 2014, 20:53 »
do the forum sponsors cover oap  :grin:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: Let the fun commence - renewal time
« Reply #2 on: 24 February 2014, 18:53 »
Well I had an hour to kill Satdee morning whilst taking a ride on a big red and white Mk3 from southampton  :whistle:

And this wasnt so much a " I wanna save more money " cos it wasnt a lot in the first place  but more give the forum sponsors a try - as part of the mod team I felt I should - be good to give first hand feedback. So here it is

Greenlight - after a very brief chat, and me explaining my renewal cost and basic details, I was told that they wouldnt be able to compete, not in a rude way, but just an honest and straight forward answer so that was that. 

Sky - started going thru a quote, seemed keen until I said how much my renewal was and then stated " a renewal that cheap and you still wanna save a few £££'s "  :shocked: that sort of ended the call  :lipsrsealed:

HIC - Fair play to Josh, went thru the whole quote, and DID beat my renewal, unfortunately, it would mean doubling my current excess ( voluntary + compulsory ) compared to my current insurer.

So, it goes to show, shopping around does pay off sometimes, and some companies do actually want your business and will work hard to get it.

More importantly I found mine thru a comparision site,  it has only gone up a few quid in the two years I have renewed with them, and with most things they get mixed feedback. I havent had to claim, and thats when I will see if cheap is better after all  :whistle:

:smiley: