Author Topic: Big up the Chris Knott massive!!!  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Mew

• I live here
Big up the Chris Knott massive!!!
« on: 13 April 2007, 21:34 »
Renewed my insurance today on a mk2 golf 8v gti with Chris Knott insurance. http://www.chrisknott.co.uk/

I had my renewal quote come through at £830 tpf&t which peed me off a bit, as i paid £850 tpf&t last year and so 20 quid for an extras years claim free driving didn't seem like much! I got a quote from Elephant which came out at £520 tpf&t so i got on the phone to Chris Knott and they have matched the price!

I know it isn't any cheaper than Elephant, but i can add cosmetic mods/suspension/exhaust/filters free of charge and even the more hardcore mods such as 2.0 bottom end, but a charge may apply to that, where as even tiny things bump up the Elephant quote.

And with Chris Knott you never go through an automated menu! They have a little office in the UK with a receptionist and are very personal which is nice. I think in the last year i have spoken to 4 different people there, including reception!!

Details are:

male
20 years old (last week)
2 years ncb
license held 3 years
no points or claims

Not bad for £520 eh!?  :cool:

Offline neil_1821

• Here all the time
Re: Big up the Chris Knott massive!!!
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2007, 22:28 »
did you not try martin, i'm sure he could of beaten that price  :wink:

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2007, 22:31 »
Yep, tried HIC. They couldn't get anywhere near the original £830, think they were well over a grand tbh. At the end of the day though, different companies have different markets, and with me being under 21 i found most places didn't even want to know!

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2007, 00:50 »
You didnt speak to me tho did you?  :wink:

tbh mate based on what you have said that does sound like a very competitive quote tho  :smiley:

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2007, 16:24 »
Tis true, but could you really have dropped it 1400 quid!?  :shocked:

I was kind of reluctant to go with them due to the fact they gave me all the bull about the 830 being a good quote etc, and then dropped it to 500. So why didn't they do that in the first place, rather than try and rip me off for an extra 300 quid!? At the end of the day though, i got a good deal and i'm not going to complain about that!