Author Topic: Do I need a new turbo?  (Read 2534 times)

Offline WadGTI

• Here all the time
  • Golf GTI'er
Re: Which air filter to buy?
« Reply #10 on: 18 February 2015, 12:48 »
have you looked for vac leaks and have you cleand the throttle body and the maf as you sead your airfilter was blocked

this+1

Offline lighters

• Not said much yet
Re: Which air filter to buy?
« Reply #11 on: 27 February 2015, 13:33 »
It made a massive difference replacing the air filters, I also took the carbonio tube off for the timebeing, not sure if its better on or off due to the cold air feed?

The old filter was absolutely wrecked.

It still doesnt run as quick as his did and they were both agu w reg and his has like 40k more miles!

Whats the most cost effective way about improving this after the old filter was abosl*tely trashed?

Maf? Vac leakes? how much?
How can I tell if the turbo is completely FUBAR?

Offline viperjsy

• I live here
Re: Do I need a new turbo?
« Reply #12 on: 28 February 2015, 18:02 »
dose it smoke out of the tail pipes

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 03 March 2015, 13:07 »
cheap air filters will wreck your turbo, if I were you I would put your airbox back in with a decent panel filter.

You need to start at the basics, when was it last serviced, check the plugs and oil etc, replace both if needed and then look for split boost pipes / leaks, clean the TB as people have said etc
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline lighters

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 06 March 2015, 19:48 »
Car was serviced in October and all those were replaced, fuel filter premium plugs oil etc, full service.

I have cleaned the TB and checked for leaks splits etc and there are none.

I have ran a diagnostic.

The air filter before hand was absolutely destroyed. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzp7EGsjGffNVkx5NmNEX011NTg/view?usp=sharing

I have since removed my carbonio and just using http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Car-Air-Filter-Induction-Kit-Sports-Car-Cone-Air-Filter-Chrome-Finish-/301230360246?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4622ba86b6 and its doing the job.

Reducing the size if my blue vac hose to my DV seems to have made a difference along with super unleaded.

« Last Edit: 06 March 2015, 20:12 by lighters »