Author Topic: front mount intercooler(with pics)  (Read 9551 times)

Offline rockmonkey69

• I live here
Re: front mount intercooler(with pics)
« Reply #10 on: 10 January 2011, 14:05 »
That's not an AUM pretty sure its a AGU
AUM has map sensor, dbw throttle body, SAI, coilpacks with ignition amp integrated inside and the cam chain tensioner are different from agu to aum because aum has vvt and agu dont. Also don't think AUM were produced in 1998, it's a later engine and was released later.

That aside, piping doesn't look bad at all. Does look like its pushing on the bumper a bit though, can the core not sit any higher?
How does it drive, did you notice any lagg or loss of boost at all?
« Last Edit: 10 January 2011, 14:07 by rockmonkey69 »

Offline gavgtiturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 10 January 2011, 16:58 »
That's not an AUM pretty sure its a AGU
AUM has map sensor, dbw throttle body, SAI, coilpacks with ignition amp integrated inside and the cam chain tensioner are different from agu to aum because aum has vvt and agu dont. Also don't think AUM were produced in 1998, it's a later engine and was released later.

That aside, piping doesn't look bad at all. Does look like its pushing on the bumper a bit though, can the core not sit any higher?
How does it drive, did you notice any lagg or loss of boost at all?
my bad  :smiley:,im an idiot it is an AGU dont know why i had it in my head it was an AUM  :undecided:, anyway to answer your questions,it cant sit any higher its touching the crash beam and the radiator so its staying where it is.if you were refering to the bottom splitter pushing out id not clipped it on right when i took the piccies lol...all though it does look like its fouling it on the pics but it doesnt actually touch(just must be the angle of picture).The drive seems much better,the power seems more smooth...not laggy -all in all well chuffed

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #12 on: 10 January 2011, 17:04 »
can you refit the grilles?

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 10 January 2011, 17:08 »
looks good to me well done cant wait to do mine when this weather sorts itself out  :evil:

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #14 on: 10 January 2011, 17:11 »
that will be a negative on fitting the grills.. well not without lots of modifications.. when i had my pro alloy intercooler fitted the exits both filled 95% of the grill space so i removed the intercooler and refitted the grills..
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline vwprime

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 10 January 2011, 17:20 »

Your bottom bit of the bumper dose exaclty what mine did with it creasing out in the middle  :smiley:
A little hole drill and a cable tie fixed that :)

Like the red battary also. Goes with the car well :)
TRANSFORM, & ROLL OUT!

Offline gavgtiturbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 10 January 2011, 19:58 »
can you refit the grilles?
the middle grill will go on but the outer ones im not sure  :undecided: of but id rather have the outer ones off anyway,i like the look.

Your bottom bit of the bumper dose exaclty what mine did with it creasing out in the middle  :smiley:
A little hole drill and a cable ties fixed that.
The drivers side of the splitter wasnt on right,i pulled it off and re-fitted it and it went on straight so it looks right :wink:
Thanks for all the comments guys
« Last Edit: 10 January 2011, 19:59 by gavgtiturbo »

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 10 January 2011, 19:59 »
Think im going to have to hook mine off and refit when it warms up, problem with mine is i have 2.5 inch piping, so even less room :laugh:
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline gavsgti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 16 February 2015, 20:49 »
hi sorry to drag a old post up but i was wondering if anyone had pics of where both the ends of the toyosport intercoolers go?
also is there any modding needed to fit these i did buy the one thats for the golf mk4 turbo so wondered if it was a straight fit
ive also got the agu if that makes a difference in fitting
thanks in advance
gav

Offline ap_gt3

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 16 February 2015, 23:28 »
Ive fitted the same intercooler to my aum but id never bother again. Had to buy so many extra hoses to make it work with the map sensor and the pipework not having an n75 port. Not to mention the now terrible fitting front bumper with no grills!!
Im sure it would fit well with a hacked crash beam but i didnt fancy that
Golf mk4 AUM... fmic, custom exhaust, 3" dp/decat, bbt actuator, s3 injectors, LCR fuel pump, sfs supersize tip, jetex filter, g60/vr6 clutch, badger 5 remap : 232.5 bhp / 242.3 lbft