Author Topic: Timing Chain tensioner Failure List (timing issue)- Please Update with Your Info  (Read 362329 times)

Offline Poached

• I live here
I had had enough of the Polo VW gave me, nearly 4 weeks in car that felt very disconnected from the road and a soft suspension.
Now that's the way to describe the polo. I wonder if the GTI polo is the same?

More than likely stiffened with more road feel.

Offline Poached

• I live here
VW own audi and the 2.0l TSI is the exact same....

1.8 or 2.0TFSi A3 Black edition. Had an A3 2.0 TFSi Quattro for 5 years before the golf, never missed a beat, great engine! Should have listened to the Wife!

Aldi retained the TFSI name for the same generation TSI vehicles as the rest of VAG group.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
I was just doing another check on ETKA and noticed something else.

Cars built up to 30/4/2010

Original tensioner 06H 109 467 N,  New tensioner revision after 01/05/12 06K 109 467 K

Cars built after 30/4/2010

Original tensioner 06H 109 467 T, New tensioner revision after 01/04/12 06H 109 467 AB and then revised again on 01/05/12 to the same part number 06K 109 467 K as above

Also listed along side this with the same tensioner revisions is the CDAA engine, 1.8, 160bhp petrol used in the Skoda Yeti and the Seat Leon MK2 (1P)

Pryda
Corrected, sorry about that, i could say it was a test to see if anyone noticed what I wrote was not what was wrote on the parts box :wink:

"Extra stress  to the chain that was not there originally" pmsl  ROFPMSL :rolleyes:

"pmsl  ROFPMSL" I have no idea what that means, must be getting old (27), but im guessing it means the deals was talking pure bollocks and probably didnt have an idea what chain you we're talking about. Did he tell you to get it done when its in for its cam belt changing  :grin: :grin: :grin:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Poached

• I live here
no issues with my car as yet with 62k on the clock, but was told that my dealership would charge 100% parts and labour should the tensioner fail as the car is now out of warranty.

Is this an approved used car purchased from VW? My car has no warranty so they are talking out of their rings, VW is and should be covering this fault as it is not fit for purpose.

Whats the service history like?

Offline Poached

• I live here

"pmsl  ROFPMSL" I have no idea what that means.

ROLL ON FLOOR PISSING MYSELF LAUGHING

Offline nige smith

• Not said much yet

1.8 or 2.0TFSi A3 Black edition. Had an A3 2.0 TFSi Quattro for 5 years before the golf, never missed a beat, great engine! Should have listened to the Wife!
The 2.0 TFSi 197bhp is not the same engine, it's the Mk5 Gti engine! Obviously you'll correct me if I'm wrong!
Aldi retained the TFSI name for the same generation TSI vehicles as the rest of VAG group.

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
Had an email from Ben at VW Crosshills tonight as he has a message to ring someone about their golf GTI, but the person who took the message has written the number down got it wrong. He does not want that person to think he s not trying to call back, he tried several combinations but no joy. If it was someone on here can you call him back? Will update with pics later on my rebuild.
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
Cheers Neil it was myself who tried calling him, just got off the phone with Ben, nice to actually talk to someone from Vw who knows what they are talking about, vw Crosshills has another new customer!!
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline C3PO

• GTI forum regular
Good news, glad it's sorted. :smiley:
Mk6 GTI, 18" monza shadows, Leather, Bluetooth Phone - gone

Mark 7 R, 19" wheels, lapiz blue, 5 door, leather, reversing camera - gone

2018 Audi S5 Sportback, pano roof, LED Headlights  B&O sound system - gone

Current 2020 Golf GTI TCR, pure grey, pano roof , 90% tints and Akrapovic exhaust.

Offline Poached

• I live here

The 2.0 TFSi 197bhp is not the same engine, it's the Mk5 Gti engine! Obviously you'll correct me if I'm wrong!

Yes that's correct, I thought you were considering a newer Aldi of the same engine.