Author Topic: For all you car audio genius's!  (Read 2186 times)

Offline -HellRaza-

• GTI forum regular
For all you car audio genius's!
« on: 07 January 2005, 15:24 »

Yo there

i have a random question that has been bothering me for a while now.... i recently bought an mp4 player (plays video/mp3/stores photos etc etc), it has the ability to play through a television (has a line in/av out etc) , and im assuming that it will also be able to play through an in car lcd/tft screen (which i want to get at some point in the future) as long as it has a scart connection... what confuses me is how id be able to get the sound from the mp4 player?? how does it work in a standard installation...?! ive seen it done, it was on pimp my ride at one point  :rolleyes:....

Any Ideas??!                 

Thnx
                                                   Alex

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
Re: For all you car audio genius's!
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2005, 10:20 »
Can you post a pic of the MP4 device that shows what connections you have available?

Also, what head unit do you have....

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #2 on: 17 January 2005, 10:36 »
i think you use the mp4 player as the screen, and have a headunit with a line in for the sound :huh:

Offline CHR15

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 18 April 2005, 09:54 »
alpine used to do a set up where you could have an aux input which could be from a headfone socket...ill try to find out if they still do one mate.

Offline golfpro

• I live here
  • If in doubt, pay someone else to do it!
« Reply #4 on: 18 April 2005, 15:31 »
Chris m8, you know too much my friend.

A good friend, well worth knowing!

thats the best mk3 ive seen..ever! its just clean and subtle.. :cool:

Offline CHR15

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 18 April 2005, 18:04 »
well, when you have been into cars since you were knee high to a grasshopper, and at my height thats a long time ago, you get to know bits and bobs mate!

Offline monzablue16v

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 10 July 2005, 11:00 »
you can just buy an "ipod" fm transmitter from ebay and plug it into the headphone socket and away you go or a tape adaptor if your old school!
The tft screens usually have composite (phono) and S-Video inputs you should be able to get a lead to fit but like s11eeps says post a photo and we can figure it out.  It can and has been done, me and  my friend kitted out his camper it has a ps2, xbox, tv tuner, sky box, reversing camera and dvd player all hooked up to his 6 tfts with a switch box with a bit of headscratching anything is possible!!!

Probably got lost in the "Great Crash of 08

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #7 on: 13 July 2005, 21:33 »
The mp4 player should have some sort of Audio ouput hopefully in the form of RCAs. You connect those to the AUX input on your headunit. Some headunits you can buy optional AUX input leads, Kenwood and Alpine I know for defient using the CD changer port. If you're running a factory headunit then there may be a AUX input avaliable for that too. I know Audi have one as we fitted one yesterday.

Failing that the FM modulator route is another option.

SCART plugs are for your VCR and freeview box. Just RCA/phono connections in the car dude. You should only have to run (usually) the yellow RCA from the MP4 box to your screen,

A little more info would be useful. :)
Mk4 Golf 150PD