Author Topic: Sat Nav Update?  (Read 9406 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Sat Nav Update?
« Reply #30 on: 12 June 2019, 17:07 »
I expect 'until 2015' will be for MIB1 units and 'from 2015' will be the MIB2 units.

Mine took around an hour or so to download if I remember correctly.
7.5 GTD

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 12 June 2019, 18:29 »
I expect 'until 2015' will be for MIB1 units and 'from 2015' will be the MIB2 units.

Mine took around an hour or so to download if I remember correctly.

Looks like mine is MIB1, 5.8" screen, I'll double check. Hope it does only take a hour...

Yeah start the download, go away, have a cuppa... and another cuppa, pop out, get some shopping, walk the dog, watch something on TV, go to bed, get up and then repeat while it unzips and writes to the memory card/stick.

It takes ages.

That doesn't sound good! Oh well, fingers crossed Guzzle is closer, it needs doing since it's on the maps that were with the car!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 12 June 2019, 21:06 »
I would say up to 2015, too.

You are dealing with quite a chunk of data, so downloading, unzipping etc., are going to take a while . From memory, I think downloading, unzipping and uploading to the sd card have each taken around 45 minutes. Could be wrong, but it’s not stupid long times. Be patient and don’t bale until you’re absolutely sure the process has failed. If you’ve followed the process correctly, you shouldn’t have a problem.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 13 June 2019, 06:31 »
Mib1 data on 5.8" screen should be far quicker than nav pro as the map update data is only around 14 instead of 26 gb
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 13 June 2019, 12:39 »
I would say up to 2015, too.

You are dealing with quite a chunk of data, so downloading, unzipping etc., are going to take a while . From memory, I think downloading, unzipping and uploading to the sd card have each taken around 45 minutes. Could be wrong, but it’s not stupid long times. Be patient and don’t bale until you’re absolutely sure the process has failed. If you’ve followed the process correctly, you shouldn’t have a problem.

Mib1 data on 5.8" screen should be far quicker than nav pro as the map update data is only around 14 instead of 26 gb

Thanks both, that's encouraging and I really need to get it sorted. I'm away next week so it'll have to wait for a day off after then. The website shows the MIB1 maps were updated a few days ago so no excuses now!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #35 on: 15 June 2019, 00:19 »
Yes, the new version from June 2019 is out (P177). Enjoy!
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 15 June 2019, 07:06 »
Yes, the new version from June 2019 is out (P177). Enjoy!

Can you please post a link to this? All the places I usually look are still showing the 01-10-18 (shown as 10-01-18) version.
Roger.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 15 June 2019, 09:06 »
It's on the German VW site. Open in Chrome and let it translate and follow navigation then update links. Did mine yesterday on my nav pro.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 15 June 2019, 19:42 »
It's on the German VW site. Open in Chrome and let it translate and follow navigation then update links. Did mine yesterday on my nav pro.

Looks like it’s just the Nav Pro update for now. The Discover Nav is still on 01-10-18.
Roger.

Offline DanDuda48

• Not said much yet
« Reply #39 on: 16 June 2019, 00:17 »
This is the link:
https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/de/de/index/downloads#/

Yes, some older platforms are not updated yet.
Took about 45 minutes to download (Discover Pro); 25 minutes to unzip, but more than 40 minutes to copy on the SD card...
2018 Golf GTI PP White Silver; DCC, Discover Pro; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints.
2016 Golf GTD Oryx white; DCC; Tech pack [=Discover Pro + Dynaudio]; Sport & Sound; Lane Assist & DLA; Parking pack; Climate windscreen; rear tints