Author Topic: Need More Power!  (Read 1926 times)

Offline gpatti

• Just got here
Need More Power!
« on: 10 April 2003, 22:28 »
Now i know the obvious solution to getting more power out of my basic 1.4 CL is to scrap it and upgrade to a VR6 however i've grown quite attached to it...

So any ideas for beefing it up would be greatly appreciated... also any info as to whether it will affect my insurance will be really helpful

Cheers people!  :-*
« Last Edit: 01 January 1970, 01:00 by 1055631600 »

Offline stoat

• GTI forum regular
Re: Need More Power!
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2003, 17:21 »
not much will change your insurance you will have to check with them to see what they class as change to your car.
MK3 GTI 8V

ows

Re: Need More Power!
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2003, 21:10 »
People like adrian flux insurance give you a maximum of three main mods (e.g. alloys, backbox and lowered suspension) before they increase the cost of your premium...

as far as squeezing some more power out of your 1.4..

1)Air Filter, usually companies like pipercross and K&N are the typical choices for a induction kit.  You could also drill your airbox to achieve the same sort of effect, but to be honest ive been there and tried it and thought it was a complete waste of time  :(, its better to try and get a performance filter if you can..

2)Exhaust backbox, assuming you are running a standard factory system, a backbox or straight through system will increase power a little and give you a much more satisfying sound when administering the right foot :D

these are the main options i would consider to begin with, see what other people have to say..

I know this is the route i went with my mk2 and the best mod ive put on it was a backbox 8)

Keep us posted...

Cheers

Ows