Author Topic: Service plan  (Read 1164 times)

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
Service plan
« on: 18 July 2018, 11:14 »
I picked up my GTI on 30th June on a new PCP deal.

At the time, there was an offer of 2 services for £159.

The dealer didn’t “sell” me it or even mention it, but I brought it up and asked for it to be added on the day I collected the car.

No problem, we’ll sort it, i was told.  I’ve had service plans on other cars before and they’ve always been a separate contract to the car.  So wasn’t worried.

Now over 2 weeks later - no deal.  They instead want to sell me the same services for £285.  They say it’s because the deal needed to be taken at the time I signed the paperwork.

I’m obviously furious.  Anyone got any advice on where I go from here?

Current: 2021 MK8 GTI DSG Atlantic Blue
Gone: 2018 MK7.5 GTI Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2015 MK7 Match Night Blue
Gone: 2010 MK6 GTD Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2008 MK5 Match Blue

Offline O2Doc

• Not said much yet
Re: Service plan
« Reply #1 on: 18 July 2018, 11:46 »
Did you pay for the service at the time you picked up the car? We did...and like you we had to ask at the point of sale, it was not offered to us.

If not, I don't think you can do anything about it.

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 18 July 2018, 11:54 »
Do not talk to the salesman or any of the other numpties.

Write, dont talk, to the Manager explaining the problem his staff have caused you and asking why you should have to suffer financial inconvenience through no fault of your own. Finish by requesting his/her assistance in to ensuring the problem is rectified to your satisfaction.
Also CC a copy to the owner of the dealership.

What probably happened was the salesmen got a little a carried away thinking of his bonus rather than what add-ons the company (his employer) could sell to you, now he doesn't want anyone to discover his mistake (or any others he may have committed).

Offline Colh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 18 July 2018, 12:07 »
I tried to pay on the day I picked up the car, but the excuse was that it was Saturday so he’d sort it on Monday and I’d just have to go in and pay. 
Current: 2021 MK8 GTI DSG Atlantic Blue
Gone: 2018 MK7.5 GTI Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2015 MK7 Match Night Blue
Gone: 2010 MK6 GTD Deep Pearl Black
Gone: 2008 MK5 Match Blue

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 18 July 2018, 12:20 »
Typical car salesman, speak to the sales manager or if you need to speak to the main dealer manager. They can add it after as they did with mine when they forgot to put it on.

If they blankly refuse go elsewhere for servicing.

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2018, 14:27 »
Typical car salesman, speak to the sales manager or if you need to speak to the main dealer manager. They can add it after as they did with mine when they forgot to put it on.

If they blankly refuse go elsewhere for servicing.

No way, if they refuse go higher!

Write to Paul Willis or Alex Smith at executive.office@volkswagen.co.uk

:wink: