Author Topic: Can you bring a Mk7.5 GTI PP DSG or Clubsport S to Bruntingthorpe on Thursday?  (Read 5926 times)

Offline volkswizard

• Here all the time
I'm trying to find any owners of either;

GTI Clubsport S
or
MK7.5 GTI Performance DSG

that are willing to bring their cars to Bruntingthorpe on Thursday to record a video with for a company with a very big YouTube following. A similar video of theirs has had 8 million views.

What's required isn't too strenuous and will barely cause any wear and tear, insurance is provided while at the venue as is food, and fuel will be paid for.

Not sure on timings yet but best to allow all day.

A well known presenter will be there and available I am sure for photos etc in between the filming. I will be there too as I am supplying one of the cars.

Number plates can be obscured if required.

The venue is easy to get to, just off the M1 south of Leicester near Lutterworth and close to the M6/M1 intersection.

Thanks

Offline clubsport

• I live here
Volkswizard, don't you have both of the exact cars on your forecourt for sale as we speak?

Surely a great marketing opportunity as, "What's required isn't too strenuous and will barely cause any wear and tear"

Good luck finding suitable cars!

Offline volkswizard

• Here all the time
Volkswizard, don't you have both of the exact cars on your forecourt for sale as we speak?

Surely a great marketing opportunity as, "What's required isn't too strenuous and will barely cause any wear and tear"

Good luck finding suitable cars!

Neither are taxed right now and I've only got one set of trade plates and one driver (me) but I will take my Clubsport S if I can get a GTI Performance stand in.

Offline Ryanfsr

• Not said much yet
Hi Volkswizard

I live about 15 mins from Bruntingthorpe! Red '18 plate GTi Performance DSG.  By the time Thursday arrives, I should have reached the 1000 mile break in mileage aswell. Let me know if I can be of any use and I'll get it booked off work!

Cheers!

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
Hi Volkswizard

I live about 15 mins from Bruntingthorpe! Red '18 plate GTi Performance DSG.  By the time Thursday arrives, I should have reached the 1000 mile break in mileage aswell. Let me know if I can be of any use and I'll get it booked off work!

Cheers!

Be careful dude. Your new pride and joy have you seen the way these people thrash the cars on youtube. Let alone the stone chips youll pick up if they follow another car.

Obviously your choice but I wouldnt do this with my new pride and joy
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
A link to the 8 million hit video would give an idea to potential volunteers of what kind of treatment their cars would be undergoing.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Juicetin

• GTI forum regular
It will most likely just be drag races, standing start and rolling, if their other videos are anything to go by.
I would check the "insurance is provided" bit, both own damage and third party as your own policy is unlikely to provide cover.
Look forward to watching the vids !

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
My lad did a supercar track day recently. We were told when we got there that we could pay an extra £25 to waive the potential £5000 excess should any damage be caused. According to them this was to protect against writing a wheel off running over a kerb, or scuffing the bumper if a cone got nudged, but I got the impression that staining from a squashed fly would result in a complete respray.

So yes, check what "insurance is provide" I also think it's a bit tight to just offer dinner and some fuel. 8 million youtube hits is going to bring in a fair chunk of revenue. I don't suppose this firm is short of a bob or two, but then they are ever likely to be if they get their props for free.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline volkswizard

• Here all the time
Hi Volkswizard

Cheers!

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for responding, as juicetin says it's a simple standing start or rolling start,no following anyone and the cars are well spaced out left to right.

As soon as someone confirms they can take one of the two cars, I will take the other one (in this case if you take your GTI Performance, I will take my Clubsport S) so I expect zero damage to occur.

This venue is used for vmax events with extremely valuable supercars so it's safe and a good surface and the forecast is dry which takes any weather risk out of the equation.

I can't DM you directly for some reason but if you want to email me via andrew at volkswizard.co.uk then I can put you in touch and you can ask them directly about insurance etc.

Thanks again  :cool:
« Last Edit: 09 July 2018, 17:35 by volkswizard »

Offline volkswizard

• Here all the time
All sorted now, thanks everyone.
Keep a look out for the video towards the end of the week or into next week, should be good  :cool: