Author Topic: Map updates on new (FL MK7.5) Navigation system  (Read 11415 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Map updates on new (FL MK7.5) Navigation system
« Reply #20 on: 25 March 2018, 19:44 »
Are you updating POIs or maps?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 26 March 2018, 08:38 »
It's a while since I added cams to mine but I can't remember having three folders. You have three folders and a hidden file for updating the maps but from memory you just put your POIs onto the card. I'll have a check this morning and get back to you.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 26 March 2018, 19:51 »
On your SD card you should have one file called personal poi and also the metainfo text file. Within that poi folder you need the three folders called mib etc etc. Put your SD card in the slot and then go though the update process.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 26 March 2018, 21:55 »
Have you checked to see if the SD card is locked or unlocked? I've just checked my SD card and I have one folder called personal poi and the metainfo.txt file. Then inside the poi folder are the three mib folders.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 27 March 2018, 08:16 »
What worked for me (found this over on the  VWROC forum) was the following - (albeit on a MK7 MIB II Pro Nav - not the FL MK 7.5)

When you download the unzip the original camera file to the SD card, then at the top level of the SD card (i.e. the first view you see when you click on the SD card icon on your computer), contains the following folders and files:

PersonalPOI
metainfo2.txt

If you double click on the "PersonalPOI folder above, it will open and reveal the following folders:

MIB2DE
MIB2HIGH
MIB2TSD

What the hack is, is to open the folder "MIB2HIGH" above which will then reveal the folders

PersonalPOI
metainfo2.text

Select both of these and copy both of these folder / files, then go back to the root (i.e. the first level of the SD card as mentioned above), and paste these 2 items back in there. As they have the same names as the original files that reside in this directly, the computer will ask if you want to over write - just say yes.

Basically what you are doing is moving the contents of the MIB2HIGH Folder up a level to the root of the SD card.

This worked for me.
« Last Edit: 27 March 2018, 11:35 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Torch

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 28 March 2018, 16:05 »
Good afternoon,

I would be grateful for some help please regarding updating my Navigation Pro.
I have a 2013 PP GTI and unable to update my Sat Nav, I had  been able to update it for the first three years simply by downloading the master file, unzipping it and putting the resultant files on a 32gb SD card.
But since then I have not been successful.
What I can remember is that when I could update the system I had a MIB1 and a MIB2 plus a text tile in the SD root.
However I have been following this thread and the file contents seem to be different to that described above.
I did try the hack mentioned but had an error message
Any advice would be appreciated
Regards

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 28 March 2018, 18:38 »
Have you downloaded the correct update?

Offline Torch

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 28 March 2018, 19:11 »
The one I downloaded was from the VW site identified as Golf GTI until 2015
It is version P166_N60S5MIBH3_EU_NT_v2.7z.download.
Thank you for the response

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 28 March 2018, 19:44 »
It was originally three years of updates but VW changed that to at least five years. Maybe check your download again or see if 7zip requires updating. I couldn't get my last map update to work but then updated 7zip and it worked perfectly.