Author Topic: new vw golf gti mk 7.5 ordered.  (Read 5736 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: new vw golf gti mk 7.5 ordered.
« Reply #20 on: 03 December 2017, 18:33 »
Yeah you're right.

I'll take the money saved on keyless and spend it on other features that others no doubt may find equally non-essential.
7.5 GTD

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 03 December 2017, 18:52 »
Sorry, you will NOT get the same mpg, maybe when you've clocked 15/20k miles. I've had 3 Clio sports ok only up to the 182 in the past and it's all down to weight. And if I know Clio drivers like myself you will not be very light footed. Just saying. The Golf GTI is a way better car overall.

I didn't go keyless and don't regret it. Blimey at least you have some control! That's without the theft fear, every time you park up, go into pub/restaurant with keys and guy on next table or at the bar has laptop!Let alone foil lined crisp bags. Save your cash for several fill-ups mate.
« Last Edit: 03 December 2017, 22:52 by CHB100 »
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 04 December 2017, 06:41 »
With all this fear mongering I'm staying in bed for the rest of my life!! Ffs!!
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #23 on: 04 December 2017, 09:34 »
I'm prepared to face someone down over stealing the second most expensive thing I own. If I'm found unable to win that fight fair enough. I'm personally not prepared to loose my car to some idiot who has just copied a piece of software off of the Internet and chanced his luck with no personal risk. Particularly when by either not buying the faulty technology or modifying it myself would mean I didn't get duped by a moron.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 04 December 2017, 10:53 »
Rarely take the key out of my pocket. Especially this time of year, wearing a jacket, car key rarely leaves my jacket pocket.
Approach car with hands full - with baby / shopping bags, boot will open without faffing around looking for the keys.

I find that keyless is most handy when my hands are full and you can lock the car by just touching the door with my hip.

In saying that it can make you look like a fool sometimes. I got out of the car one day and forgot to lock it so I walked back to the car to touch the door handle to lock it. Turned back to go back into the supermarket and my wife was laughing at me and asked why I didn't just use the key fob?  :embarrassed:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline eatontrifles

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 04 December 2017, 13:10 »
Sorry, you will NOT get the same mpg, maybe when you've clocked 15/20k miles. I've had 3 Clio sports ok only up to the 182 in the past and it's all down to weight. And if I know Clio drivers like myself you will not be very light footed. Just saying. The Golf GTI is a way better car overall.

I didn't go keyless and don't regret it. Blimey at least you have some control! That's without the theft fear, every time you park up, go into pub/restaurant with keys and guy on next table or at the bar has laptop!Let alone foil lined crisp bags. Save your cash for several fill-ups mate.
The OP said they get about 30-36mpg around town and mid 40s on a motorway at steady speed. That's pretty much exactly what I get from my 6000 mile old GTI.
Mk7.5 5dr GTI DSG. Isaac Blue, Keyless, Dynaudio, DLA & Lane Assist, DCC, Art Velours.

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 04 December 2017, 13:42 »
I'm prepared to face someone down over stealing the second most expensive thing I own. If I'm found unable to win that fight fair enough. I'm personally not prepared to loose my car to some idiot who has just copied a piece of software off of the Internet and chanced his luck with no personal risk. Particularly when by either not buying the faulty technology or modifying it myself would mean I didn't get duped by a moron.

Agree, sod this it's only a car stuff. I'll use any object available to prevent theft by some worthless scumbag!. To hell with the consequences. :evil:
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #27 on: 04 December 2017, 14:12 »
Get one of these :whistle:
https://www.coldsteel-uk.com/store/Assegai.html
Ps
The short handled one is more maneuverable :wink:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #28 on: 04 December 2017, 15:07 »
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #29 on: 04 December 2017, 15:20 »
Get one of these :whistle:
https://www.coldsteel-uk.com/store/Assegai.html
Ps
The short handled one is more maneuverable :wink:

Keep it English and Brexit ;-)

https://southernswords.co.uk/spiked-medieval-warhammer.html
You can't beat a good war hammer but for an intruder trying to get up the stairs in your house, a Zulu spear is the answer :wink:
It only needs a gentle prod :grin:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16