Author Topic: Front assist impaired mk7.5 GTD  (Read 1510 times)

Offline GTD_Jack

• Just got here
Front assist impaired mk7.5 GTD
« on: 25 November 2017, 14:46 »
Hi, I was driving down the m6 This afternoon the acc was set to 50mph (Roadworks) and the car slammed its anchors on but quickly pressed the accelerator pedal, luckily there was no-one behind me. on the active info display it said that the ACC was not available and the front assist sensor impaired. when I got off the M6 I pulled over to see if anything was covering the vw badge, but nothing was blocking it, it has since gone out when the car was turned off and on again. do you reckon it is worth getting checked out by vw?

I have only had the car about 3 months and has done 5k miles. but I noticed a little while ago I was driving and the abs error light came on out of nowhere. but when the car was turned off and on again it disappeared same as the front assist.

Thanks

Offline Gaz W

• Not said much yet
Re: Front assist impaired mk7.5 GTD
« Reply #1 on: 25 November 2017, 17:31 »
Worth getting it checked out, the car is under warranty and you have nothing to loose always worth it particularly with a safety system.

Get it booked in with your local dealer, and give them as much info as you can about what happened where/when etc and they can look into it and log it so that if others experience the same issue Volkswagen can investigate if necessary.
MK7.5 Golf GTI Performance, DSG, Indium Grey, DCC, 19" Brescia Alloys, Dynaudio, Jacara Cloth Interior