Author Topic: Golf GTI & Sevilla Wheel Option!  (Read 21246 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: Golf GTI & Sevilla Wheel Option!
« Reply #20 on: 14 July 2017, 01:03 »
The Monzas on the MK5 / MK6 were a great looking wheel. To call the parkers an evolution of those is a disservice to the original monzas imo. I saw very similar wheels to the parkers on a Nissan Quasqai today. Enough said.
ETTO of course.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 14 July 2017, 08:02 »
If you look at the previous standard GTI wheels then the Parkers are pretty much the evolution of the Monza and Austins. IMO the Sevilles don't suit the GTI at all but fit more with the character of the GTD. Each to their own though.

And that is exactly why I've chosen the Seville's, the Parkers are too bling for me, and as I tend to leave my wheels caked in brake dust, the grey is perfect :D
Looking more like a GTD is no bad thing, a bit more sleeper look rather than shouting "I'm a GTI, look at me!"  :grin:
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 14 July 2017, 08:04 »
The Parkers are an evolution of the Austins, which in turn were an evolution of the Monza's.

They're not to everyone's taste, but personally I don't mind them. Those that don't appreciate them have the privilege of shelling out a few extra hundred for something different.

If you want to see ugly wheels on a Golf, look up the Bilbaos that were options for the Mk6 GT.
7.5 GTD

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 14 July 2017, 08:32 »
The Parkers are an evolution of the Austins, which in turn were an evolution of the Monza's.

They're not to everyone's taste, but personally I don't mind them. Those that don't appreciate them have the privilege of shelling out a few extra hundred for something different.

If you want to see ugly wheels on a Golf, look up the Bilbaos that were options for the Mk6 GT.

Sweet mother of Jesus, they look a bit hard on the eyes, bet they were a breeze to clean though.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 14 July 2017, 10:25 »

Sweet mother of Jesus, they look a bit hard on the eyes, bet they were a breeze to clean though.

They were the standard 17" wheel (or something very like it) on the MK6 GTD. There's way way too much flat diamond cut surface going on with them. Almost like a set of shiny hubcaps and the Parkers are closer to that than the Monzas imo.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 14 July 2017, 10:48 »
The Bilbaos are an 18 inch wheel, and they look like they weigh a tonne each.

The standard GTD wheels on the Mk6 were 17 inch Seattle shadows (or at least they were in the UK). But they are quite similar I suppose now you mention it.
7.5 GTD

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 14 July 2017, 13:33 »

Agreed! And yes, those are not great at all, they are certainly a marmite wheel...!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mark64uk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 15 July 2017, 16:09 »
ill have mine on Tuesday ill post up some pics when it arrives !

Offline mark64uk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #28 on: 18 July 2017, 13:09 »
Its just arrived !

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 18 July 2017, 13:48 »
Its just arrived !

I like those Mark! :cool:. If I was getting a mk7.5 GTI, they would be my wheels of choice;

- I'm a big fan of anthracite coloured wheels and the red edge is quite subtle and IMO works well with the red accents on the GTI
- they're not diamond cut, will be much more durable in the long term (and no potential white worm corrosion issues!), especially in the winter months when the roads are smothered in salt and grit. 

Enjoy your new GTI :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl