Author Topic: Current delivery times?  (Read 121845 times)

Offline TobyT

• Not said much yet
Re: Current delivery times?
« Reply #600 on: 09 December 2017, 10:51 »
My GTI was build on Monday this week according to VW live chat, then arrived at Emden on Wednesday and has been released for shipping, now just the long wait for it to be assigned to a boat :whistle:

Does anyone know which port cars that are going to Scotland come into? I’m thinking it’ll probably be Tyne as it’s further north.

Offline davyk31

• I live here
« Reply #601 on: 11 December 2017, 07:15 »
Grimsby I would think. Think it’s onky Sheerness or Grimsby.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #602 on: 12 December 2017, 13:58 »
Clearly the boat took a wrong turn... my car is now in sheerness as confirmed by live chat this afternoon  :grin:

Still in Sheerness. Tick Tock Tick Tock

5 months since ordering...
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #603 on: 12 December 2017, 18:40 »
Port of Tyne is where North VW's goto.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline TobyT

• Not said much yet
« Reply #604 on: 12 December 2017, 19:14 »
Port of Tyne is where North VW's goto.

Thanks Mcmaddy! I’ve become a total saddo looking at the shipping schedules, spoke VWCS today my car is still waiting to be allocated to a boat. From the schedules I’ve looked at nothing due in to port of Tyne until at least the 20th of December  :sad:

Anyone got experience of how long it might be until my car is allocated to a boat going to port of Tyne?
« Last Edit: 12 December 2017, 19:17 by TobyT »

Offline TobyT

• Not said much yet
« Reply #605 on: 16 December 2017, 10:24 »
Moved to ‘10 days’ this morning, and confirmed with VWCS as being aboard City of Rottterdam. Went to see my dealer last night, he wants to get the car handed over by the end of the month to meet his targets, so will chase transport,  I think it might be right given the Christmas bank holidays, but you never know.

Any experience of how long it might be to get transport after it clears Customs?

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #606 on: 16 December 2017, 13:05 »
Moved to ‘10 days’ this morning, and confirmed with VWCS as being aboard City of Rottterdam. Went to see my dealer last night, he wants to get the car handed over by the end of the month to meet his targets, so will chase transport,  I think it might be right given the Christmas bank holidays, but you never know.

Any experience of how long it might be to get transport after it clears Customs?

I was with my salesman yesterday to see if I could get mine earlier as I was originally planning for a March delivery. Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago and has been sitting at Grimsby ever since. He said that yesterday was the last day they could call a car from the UK port of entry to arrive before the end of December. Hopefully your dealer is aware of this if they wanted to complete the deal before the end of the month  :wink:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline TobyT

• Not said much yet
« Reply #607 on: 16 December 2017, 14:33 »
Thanks JB GTI, I’ll ask him about this and  see what he says

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #608 on: 16 December 2017, 16:27 »
According to Live Chat, mine has now arrived at VW UK, MK.

Not sure if they can PDI it ready for collection before Christmas though :(

So most likely first week of January now.
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #609 on: 16 December 2017, 16:30 »
According to Live Chat, mine has now arrived at VW UK, MK.

Not sure if they can PDI it ready for collection before Christmas though :(

So most likely first week of January now.

Snap 😁 Jan 5th for me ✅
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA