Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 142011 times)

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
Yep still loving mine....
Have to admit that about 5 months ago i was tempted to get rid due to a few personal issues, but after testing a few other golf's i couldnt wait to get back in the CS..

Oofft, that was a close call, pleased to hear you you managed to hang on to it!
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #670
Carbon Grey Metallic, Black Roof, DSG, Leather, 19" Brescias, I'm in love with a car, help me.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
Yea me too,  it a headturner for sure..

The only gripe that i have at the moment which i need to sort is the rear pipes are constantly going black, need to restore them somehow..
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
Yea me too,  it a headturner for sure..

The only gripe that i have at the moment which i need to sort is the rear pipes are constantly going black, need to restore them somehow..

Black with exhaust gasses, sort of sooty? When I picked mine up I polished the chrome with Solvol Autosol polish, they seem to clean up pretty easily now. A decent metal polish like that should shift the black stuff and make it easier to keep clean in the future.
Carbon Grey Metallic, Black Roof, DSG, Leather, 19" Brescias, I'm in love with a car, help me.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
I waxed mine with wheel sealant (sad I know) when I first detailed the car when it was new and they do get sooty bit it just wipes off.

Hopefully we’ve seen the last of the gritters and I can get it out soon!
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline davegixer

• Not said much yet
I waxed mine with wheel sealant (sad I know) when I first detailed the car when it was new and they do get sooty bit it just wipes off.

Hopefully we’ve seen the last of the gritters and I can get it out soon!
Not sad at all, detailing a new car saves a lot of future pain, I detailed mine too, took two days, and I'm not someone who enjoys cleaning cars by any stretch of the imagination.

It's meant to be another cold week next week, so don't hold your breath quite yet  :angry:

Offline mkviken

• I live here
My mk6 was bad for getting black sooty crap on the tail pipes and found waxing them helped it from sticking so did the same in this one

Hoping to get the car out when I’m next home.

Planning on doing the north coast 500 this year and maybe another Europe trip (avoiding Switzerland :whistle: )
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline drisser

• I live here
Hard to believe I know but had my CS stored for the last 12 months and just putting it on the road this weekend, it's at the detailers getting the full works.

Pics to follow but can't wait, the short drive from storage to detailers yesterday was enough to to get me excited as to why I bought this.  I am biased but think it's the perfect CS spec

Tornado red, manual 3 door, bucket seats, black roof, 19inch brescias, adaptive chassis. 

Pics to follow soon.  It says something that the storage guy said it got a lot of attention in the company of ferraris and Astons..
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
I am biased but think it's the perfect CS spec

Tornado red, manual 3 door, bucket seats, black roof, 19inch brescias, adaptive chassis.

I think you're right :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Little Lofty

• Not said much yet
Here's my CS no. 301
 (Sorry for the crappy photos :grin: )

Alfa Four Cheese

Offline WD-40

• Not said much yet
Here's my CS no. 301
 (Sorry for the crappy photos :grin: )

Similar to mine, with different wheels...

Current:
2018 BMW M2
2002 Porsche 911 (996) Carrera 4

Ex:
2017 GTI Clubsport Edition 40 #645, MG Midget, Audi S4 Avant, Mercedes-AMG C63, Porsche Cayman S Sport, BMW Z4MR, Honda S2000, Alfa Romeo GTV, Peugeot 106 Rallye, Austin Mini E amongst others