Author Topic: Mk7.5 GTi/GTD colours  (Read 170888 times)

Offline davyk31

• I live here
Re: Mk7.5 GTi/GTD colours
« Reply #400 on: 13 August 2017, 21:33 »
Atlantic blue does look good on a GTD but not so good on a GTi because the red bits don't go well with the navy blue.
Mk 7.5 GTi Indium Grey with 19" Brescias

Offline Arnold_Lane

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #401 on: 15 August 2017, 08:10 »
Atlantic blue does look good on a GTD but not so good on a GTi because the red bits don't go well with the navy blue.

That does make sense and it's way too late to change my choice now!
SOLD - 67 Golf GTi PP, 5dr, DSG in Issac Blue with rear camera, keyless entry, Dynaudio, Brescia alloys & DCC.

Offline Rh83

• Not said much yet
« Reply #402 on: 15 August 2017, 09:39 »
Keen to see how your 7.5 PP looks in Atlantic Blue. I've got pretty much the same on order but BW keeps getting kicked into October! I've got a Night Blue Mk7 PP and think the red details goes well. Is Atlantic Blue really that might lighter?

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #403 on: 15 August 2017, 10:05 »
Keen to see how your 7.5 PP looks in Atlantic Blue. I've got pretty much the same on order but BW keeps getting kicked into October! I've got a Night Blue Mk7 PP and think the red details goes well. Is Atlantic Blue really that might lighter?

Here's one on YouTube;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NQIAW5OiTj4

Also worth checking the nearly new GTI's in the used cars section of the VW website. You can set the selection criteria so the results return just the blue nearly new GTI's; not any nearly new Atlantic Blue GTI's on there at the moment though.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #404 on: 15 August 2017, 14:02 »

Here's one on YouTube;

Also worth checking the nearly new GTI's in the used cars section of the VW website. You can set the selection criteria so the results return just the blue nearly new GTI's; not any nearly new Atlantic Blue GTI's on there at the moment though.

That looks really good and I love the way the red contrasts with the dark colour. It looks a lot closer to night blue in that video than it does in person.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Jambo_1

• Just got here
« Reply #405 on: 15 August 2017, 14:08 »

Here's one on YouTube;

That looks really good and I love the way the red contrasts with the dark colour. It looks a lot closer to night blue in that video than it does in person.

I am really liking this Atlantic Blue colour and making me think if I have ordered the right colour. I have gone for the deep black as I also like the contrast between the dark colour and the red highlights.

My build week is also getting pushed back. Just been on live chat and now slipped to week 39!  :cry:
On order - GTi-PP, Deep Black, 5dr, DSG, Art Velour interior, Keyless, Brescia Wheels

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #406 on: 15 August 2017, 14:26 »

Here's one on YouTube;

I am really liking this Atlantic Blue colour and making me think if I have ordered the right colour. I have gone for the deep black as I also like the contrast between the dark colour and the red highlights.

My build week is also getting pushed back. Just been on live chat and now slipped to week 39!  :cry:
You realy can't go wrong with a black GTI. It's a classic look and will still look good in 10 years time :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #407 on: 15 August 2017, 17:21 »
Deep Black Pearl is a great colour; my mk4 and mk5 Golfs were DBP. It's a bit of a labour of love keeping it looking good though, but if you put in the effort, it's well worth it.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline MrE

• Not said much yet
« Reply #408 on: 28 August 2017, 20:39 »
Kinda wishing I had ticked that sunroof box....to go with White Silver 🤔

https://youtu.be/qrQJobMRO50

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #409 on: 28 August 2017, 23:30 »
Got a brief look at an Isaac Blue GTD yesterday. Unfortunately, it was fairly cloudy at the time.

My first thought was denim blue.

I need to get a better look at it.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS