Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 530004 times)

Offline brettblade

• Here all the time
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1400 on: 13 October 2017, 10:24 »
Not quite today, but yesterday evening at least.

Two bucket wash with a Wax Planet development shampoo and a Wo-Wo mitt.  Wax Planet Oblivion top up, and finished with Poly Gloss.  First time using Poly Gloss, and it's a fantastic product.  Well worth a look for anyone in the market for a QD or gloss enhancer.
Orded 04/06/2016
Build W/C 01/08/2016
Handover 01/09/2016
GTI PP, CSG, Tech pack, parking pack, 90% tints, DCC, 19" Santiago alloys
Soon to be gone!

7.5R Indium Grey, 19” Spielbergs expected 01/03/2019.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #1401 on: 13 October 2017, 10:48 »
Thanks for that :smiley:, looks straightforward (famous last words :rolleyes:) and would definitely tidy things up. On the list of things to buy/do.
2 min job 👍

Thanks, looks very easy but I have a well deserved reputation for impatience and ultimately breaking stuff, this has all the hallmarks for the potential of another example :rolleyes:

In that case.. if needed, use the smallest hammer  :laugh: :whistle:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1402 on: 13 October 2017, 11:07 »
  First time using Poly Gloss, and it's a fantastic product.  Well worth a look for anyone in the market for a QD or gloss enhancer.

I found PolyGloss hard work, maybe I used too much product.

The results were `OK` but nothing special.

Offline brettblade

• Here all the time
« Reply #1403 on: 13 October 2017, 12:22 »
  First time using Poly Gloss, and it's a fantastic product.  Well worth a look for anyone in the market for a QD or gloss enhancer.

What did you find hard work?  I sprayed and wiped with one microfibre, by the time I'd got around the whole car it was ready to buff off with a fresh microfibre.
Orded 04/06/2016
Build W/C 01/08/2016
Handover 01/09/2016
Soon to be gone!

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1404 on: 13 October 2017, 14:45 »

What did you find hard work?  I sprayed and wiped with one microfibre, by the time I'd got around the whole car it was ready to buff off with a fresh microfibre.

I just found the stuff a bit `sticky`, like I said maybe I used too much product.

I`ll give it another go though  :smiley:

Offline brettblade

• Here all the time
« Reply #1405 on: 13 October 2017, 15:21 »

I just found the stuff a bit `sticky`, like I said maybe I used too much product.

I`ll give it another go though  :smiley:

3-4 sprays per panel is plenty, though I treat each half of the roof as a panel!
Orded 04/06/2016
Build W/C 01/08/2016
Handover 01/09/2016
Soon to be gone!

Offline hepton

• Not said much yet
  • 2017 GTD
« Reply #1406 on: 16 October 2017, 21:35 »
Early start this morning cars never been washed for weeks.
Filled a garden pump sprayer up with bilt hamber snow foam gave it two coats, then rinsed (results were amazing 99% of muck gone)
Then snow foamed with lance.
3 bucket wash & dry , car was gleaming then went in house to get me MF cloths ready for a nice coat of wax ,but then ...
The sky went dark orange and the rain came , 5 minutes later the car was covered in muck ..WTF ??
No joke my gleaming white car was f***ing brown......not happy wanted it looking pretty for its MOT tomorrow.  :angry: :cry: :cry:

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #1407 on: 16 October 2017, 23:52 »
Filled a garden pump sprayer up with bilt hamber snow foam gave it two coats, then rinsed (results were amazing 99% of muck gone)
3 bucket wash & dry , car was gleaming then went in house to get me MF cloths ready for a nice coat of wax ,but then ...
The sky went dark orange and the rain came , 5 minutes later the car was covered in muck ..WTF ??
No joke my gleaming white car was f***ing brown......not happy wanted it looking pretty for its MOT tomorrow.  :angry: :cry: :cry:

It’s so annoying when that happens just after you’ve finished washing your car - you have my sympathies. I was going to wash my car today, but heard of the dust issue (apparently a consequence of hurricane Ophelia) so decided to wait until the end of the week to wash mine, weather permitting.

Good luck with the MOT.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1408 on: 17 October 2017, 12:58 »

It is so frustrating when that happens!  :cry:  But it should clean up pretty quickly next time as you did such a thorough job.  Best of luck with the MOT today.  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1409 on: 17 October 2017, 18:02 »
No detailing today but an addition to the detailing gear family.  Rupes Mini Bigfoot DA, pads and polishes for spot work.  And top up of a couple of detailing staples.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11