Author Topic: Mr_Orange - mk4 silver 1.8T  (Read 59914 times)

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
Re: Mr_Orange - mk4 silver 1.8T
« Reply #10 on: 11 January 2015, 10:04 »
Poly bush dogbone mount has been binned for a new genuine standard one (a £75 part!).
Got some 16" steels on the way to get the BBS nicely tucked away for winter. Might get two of em refurbed while they're off.
Took it out for a "proper run" the other day. It was bitterly cold, just didn't appreciate how much of a difference the cold would make. It was behaving like it had been mapped! BOOST!

Build thread clicky

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 11 February 2015, 20:40 »
The steels are on.  I'm getting kinda attached to them now.

They could do with a couple of new tyres, but proper stoked for a £90 set of wheels with 4 Bridgestones fitted  :cool:

While the BBS are off I'll get a couple of them refurbed ready for the spring  :wink:
« Last Edit: 11 February 2015, 20:42 by Mr_Orange »

Build thread clicky

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 20 February 2015, 16:19 »
This winter's project is source and replace the tailgate.  Existing one has gone rotten around the tailgate handle  :sick:

Found a clean V5 tailgate in correct colour with factory fit (notched) spoiler.  I know the spoilers are a bit marmite for people, but this is my kind of marmite  :cool:

In the middle of cleaning up the tailgate right now and sourced a brand new handle for it today too.

Looking forward to a dry day for fitment and giving the car a proper clean and going over with some wax.

Build thread clicky

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 02 March 2015, 18:01 »
Tailgate is coming along nicely. Need to stop faffing with it and just get the thing fitted!

Replaced gear stick bush, the big moon shaped one under the gaitor. I think its the best £3 I spent in a long time. Easy to fit bush, but for some reason it took me ages to lock shift tower down? Feels proper again and made a surprising difference to shifting.

Build thread clicky

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 14 April 2015, 11:33 »
Tailgate turned out to be a little bit ropey....  :undecided:  Managed to salvage area around the handle but in debadging and cleaning it up I realised it had been repainted at some point.  Repainted without removing the badges!!!!  :huh: :shocked: I may just patch it up, fit it for now and look to get it repainted later.

Just putting together long list of parts for TT front suspension conversion and further tickle with the lowering stick.  Have the 2nd hand bits I need so now pulling in the long list of new bits from the far corners of the car parts universe.  Putting off buying coilovers for the minute, but will be going down the AP road to handling fun.

While that remains a little further off, I fitted black washer fluid cap and got t'other pair of Anni BBS refurbed.  Wheels will be cleaned up, sealed and refitted in next couple of weeks.

Build thread clicky

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 22 May 2015, 14:28 »
Anni RCs are back on 😍

Have all parts together now for TT suspension swap and AP coils fitment. Decided it was the right time for 312s up front too 😉

Booked in next Tues/Weds for the work. More than a little bit excited right now!

Build thread clicky

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 28 May 2015, 23:05 »
Suspension work complete. Setup looks great. Got a cheeky bit of camber up front too thanks to tt wishbones.
Ride is a bit firm. I'm not used to coilovers, so may just be the way it is, but I hope it softens up a bit!
312s look more appropriate behind the RCs now.

Build thread clicky

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 18 June 2015, 21:59 »
Fitment of AP coilovers, upgrade to TT suspension geometry, big brakes up front and refurbed wheels:

These shots of the car taken by our T_J_G  ;)

Build thread clicky

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 25 June 2015, 18:21 »
Repainted side skirts the other weekend.
Fitted my 42draft catch can today, after I'd tightened a loose front caliper! :S

Build thread clicky

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 03 August 2015, 18:09 »
Alternator loom and battery fuse box replaced recently. Design flaw!
This weekend I stripped out the remaining vac pcv system from under the inlet manifold. Looks so much neater now.

Took tb off and cleaned that too, haven't done it for a couple of years and amazed at difference it makes.
I also fitted 2x12mm wheel spacers to front end. Got a tiny bit of rub over some big dips in the road, will jack it up a notch this evening.
« Last Edit: 09 August 2015, 15:51 by Mr_Orange »

Build thread clicky