Author Topic: Refurbished Monza 2 shadows  (Read 2533 times)

Offline MPFIEND

• Not said much yet
Refurbished Monza 2 shadows
« on: 23 August 2014, 07:35 »
Good Morning,

I am looking at a refurbished set of Monza 2 shadows for my Mk6 GTI and am wondering about the longevity of the refinished wheels.
How many of you are running refurbished diamond cut wheels and how are they standing up to careful day to day use?
How do they compare with the original VW factory finish with regards to durability?

I look forward to racing your replies.

Best Regards

Keith.

Offline MPFIEND

• Not said much yet
Re: Refurbished Monza 2 shadows
« Reply #1 on: 23 August 2014, 21:20 »
Is no one running refurbished wheels on their rides?

Keith.

Offline Dipesh2031

• GTI forum regular
  • Options bae?
Re: Refurbished Monza 2 shadows
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2014, 12:19 »
I've read alot about refurbing diamond cut wheels, and my mate has had his monza's done (mk5 gti) and as long as they are refurbed by someone who knows what they're doing and uses a very hard clear coat, they'll last long as long as you don't kerb them of course! other things to consider, are Wheel wax/sealants, and those nano coatings as soon as you get the wheels back, this will stop water sitting on them and add a layer of weather protection to them. but in terms of time, they'd last a good year or 2 depending on the miles and the weather conditions, some peoples can last for 3-5 years I've seen, some not so long, it's just about taking care of them.
MK6 GTi - Black - DSG - 18' Monza shadow - Luxury Pack - Convenience pack - Park assist - Xenons - RNS510 - Adaptive chassis control - Dynaudio - Bluetooth - Reverse camera - front/rear sensors --mods-- Evoms Intake - Eurojet/stasis Turboback Catless 3" exhaust