Author Topic: Rear trim fault  (Read 2969 times)

Offline falconmick

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf MK7 R
Rear trim fault
« on: 01 June 2014, 20:32 »
My Golf is only a month old, recently washing it and saw that the plastic trim (spoiler) that runs down the side of the outside of the rear screen is coming loose, only held on with double sided tape. Have arranged for it to be replaced, but it appears that this is a very common fault on the MK7 Golf.

Offline barryg

• Not said much yet
Re: Rear trim fault
« Reply #1 on: 11 August 2014, 13:38 »
Loads of people with this problem mate,my replacement has been on back order for over a month VW quality!!

Offline falconmick

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf MK7 R
UPDATE - Rear trim fault
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2014, 21:14 »
The rear side spoiler/hatch trims were replaced at dealer and lasted for a while and then the replacements also started to come away. I have emailed and spoken to VW customer services, who claim that they have no direct access to any database that records what warranty issues are raised, even with a common problem such as this. Could I ask that anyone who has or has had (and repaired) such a problem, contact VW customer services and express your unhappiness, so that they are aware of how many cars have the problem. Link to email https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/about-us/contact.

Offline barryg

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 28 August 2014, 12:29 »
Hi I have just had my trim replaced about an hour ago,the part was on back order for about 2 months and took about 45mins to replace garage said they have changed quite a number of the trims I emailed VW UK when fault first happened but recieved no reply I also find it strange that VW do not Know the number of faults as the garages doing the repairs under warranty must charge VW .

Offline falconmick

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf MK7 R
« Reply #4 on: 28 August 2014, 18:57 »
I think VW are trying to deny knowledge and keep things quiet, that's why I ask everyone to email their customer services. :)

Offline mistertee

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 21 November 2014, 20:49 »
I went in last week with the same problem, they initially denied they'd ever heard of it.  Then as I was taking to the service guy behind the desk (who was new), said they'd replaced several of these already.  Warranty guy then owned up it was a common problem, and that he's going to get official word from VW.

Today I was told they want the car for 2 days.  They are going to bond it first with vw glue, and if that still doesn't hold then they are going to give me new parts.  I'm not sure why they want it for 2 days, but I'll give them a chance.