Author Topic: No sunset... But GTI+Clouds=Average Pictures  (Read 5616 times)

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
Re: No sunset... But GTI+Clouds=Average Pictures
« Reply #20 on: 25 July 2007, 16:33 »
lol - you get seriously ripped off out there on car prices!!!! Especially as some VWs are even built in SA. Think I would rather buy one here and somehow get it out there! But maybe import duties etc would not offset that high price in Rand from a dealer in SA. But yeah you are right about the house prices coming up to 2010. Though I guess they are high enough already for a house on the dunes of Long Beach  :grin: I can dream.
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #21 on: 25 July 2007, 16:36 »
Long Beach as in the Fish Hoek side of Cape Town? I live on that side.
Long beach is stunning but to far away from the mall :laugh:

Cheers (Being kicked off the computer by my smaller brother :embarassed:)
Mike

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 25 July 2007, 16:43 »
Yep thats the one - In Kommetjie, Long Beach then runs into Neurdoek beach. I know Fish Heok well, love to swim there - been there when the sea water was 24C :). Beautiful country.

Tell me, have they released the CITI GOLF .:R yet? For those of you who did not know, SA have a budget golf known as the CITI Golf, based on our old MK1 Golf with some updated bits. Limitied edition CITI .:R is due out there.

Interesting model!
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #23 on: 26 July 2007, 07:24 »
About a year ago they facelifted the Citi Golf and made a almost special version called the Velociti.
Facelift includes new rims, dash, bodykit and spoiler.

I was at our local dealer last week colecting a part for my moms car and saw the advert for the Citi Golf R but was to busy asking about the R32 to take any real notice of it. As far as I know it has not come out yet. But I have a feeling that when it does its going to be a huge success. The Citi Golfs are everywhere. and bar the interior they look almost identical to the MK1 Golf.

Fish Hoek is great. Will admit. I wont go near the ocean. To many dam shark attacks :undecided: ....
Its Noordhoek Beach lol. Is there any place near Kommetjie that you are interested in as such? There is a new complex sprouting up on Blackhill and new complexes everywhere. Fish Hoek itself has not changed. Some of the buildings on the main road have been rebuilt and basically everything is becoming better.

I was in the city centre yesterday and was amazed to see that there were traffic cops moderating the traffic etc and also that areas like observatory and woodstock seem to have neatened up a bit. Oh yes! They finally retarred Kommetjie main road! lol  :evil:

South Africa is changing. I would seriously consider coming down here. What job market are you in?

Mike

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Forum addict
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed, ASK!
« Reply #24 on: 27 August 2007, 09:26 »
Gotta teach them from young :rolleyes: :laugh:

May the G-force be with you!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Comments please!

Don't you get TPMS in SA???  :huh:
Sean - Independent Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
-----
'06/7 Golf Mk5 GTI 5dr (BWA) DSG, colour coded,

I feel like a homo

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #25 on: 27 August 2007, 09:41 »
Yeah we do. But in the area we live in its not available. Besides. My mom does not need it. She is never in traffic.  :evil:

Join our group now!