Author Topic: No sunset... But GTI+Clouds=Average Pictures  (Read 5615 times)

Offline whitegtidriver

• GTI forum regular
Re: No sunset... But GTI+Clouds=Average Pictures
« Reply #10 on: 23 July 2007, 19:01 »
i cant believe that the govenment have allowed those shanty towns, what impression does that give the people that come to visit ct.will they still be there by the time the football starts (if it does)  :embarassed:  :embarassed:
05 candy white, leather 18"s xenons parking sensors,revo,d.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #11 on: 24 July 2007, 09:52 »
i cant believe that the govenment have allowed those shanty towns, what impression does that give the people that come to visit ct.will they still be there by the time the football starts (if it does)  :embarassed:  :embarassed:

Football?? You must be joking. i have no hope for it happening. Though there are a lot of changes taking place at the moment.
But lets not start a huge big political discussion lol  :evil:

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline FatManc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 24 July 2007, 13:10 »
i'm coming down to cape town in december/january with my girlfriend (she's saffa)

Been to SA once before (last year) but only did Maritzburg and Durban. Can't wait to see more of the country!

Wonder how much it'd cost to ship my car down for the month?  :wink:
GTI Edition 30 - Tornado Red, 3-door, Manual, Xenons, DVD SatNav, Parking Sensors, Highline Computer, Armrest with 6 CD player. Heavy Right Foot ;-)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #13 on: 24 July 2007, 13:37 »

Wonder how much it'd cost to ship my car down for the month?  :wink:

I can find out for you :grin: :kiss:
Would be fun. Have a a whole mix of GolfGTI.co.uk guys in Cape Town. Make a nice photoshoot :drool:(Besides that I wanna see a Edition 30 close up  :grin:

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline whitegtidriver

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 25 July 2007, 00:44 »
hi 08micsta did you notice that the council re-skinded most of the n1 for cape argos bike race in a matter of a few weekends. In the uk a job like that would take months to complete.Also What an embarressment if the stadiums arent complete on time, do they have a plan? (been to teazzers yet) :grin: :grin:
05 candy white, leather 18"s xenons parking sensors,revo,d.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #15 on: 25 July 2007, 13:22 »
(been to teazzers yet) :grin: :grin:

HMMMM..... :rolleyes: :shocked:   Nah lol. Not been there yet. (I'm 16 years old for heavens sake :nerd:)

hi 08micsta did you notice that the council re-skinded most of the n1 for cape argos bike race in a matter of a few weekends. In the uk a job like that would take months to complete.Also What an embarressment if the stadiums arent complete on time, do they have a plan? (been to teazzers yet) :grin: :grin:

Yeah. But the problem is not the Stadium. Its everything that needs to happen to make the Stadium accessable. Fpr exam. The traffic on our roads has become completely horrendous in the space of 2 years. Our roads cant keep up as it is and they want a World Cup?
The shacks. Now I dont mind those little square houses they are making for everyone. But the shacks HAVE GOT TO GO! It makes the country look low class and pathetic. Crime..... Lets not even go there. We have a absolutely stunning country. I have been to Australia and travelled over there and it does not compare to South Africa. If you want I can post my latest pictures I took.

I really hope we can pull this world cup off. It would do wonders to our economy and its a quick way for me to get rich because I leave school next year and it gives me just enough time to start a business.

With regards to the actual stadium. I think they do have a plan. But htey are battling to put it in action. There is a big debate about wether it should be built in JHB or Cape Twon or even (out of all places) Uppington :grin:

I will have hope. BEcasue this 2010 World Cup means big bucks for my father (Hes in the oil industry) and for me who will prob go into interior design or photography which will be in high demand.

Mike

Join our group now!

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 25 July 2007, 14:55 »
I have been to SA - mainly CapeTown (Kommetjie) 6 times now. I love the place. I really want them to pull off the World Cup out there but at the minute I think things may be a bit tight.

One thing I would love is to get my R32 out there. Some of the roads are simply amazing. Stunning views and locations. Wide and well built roads on many of the main routes.
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #17 on: 25 July 2007, 15:32 »
I have been to SA - mainly CapeTown (Kommetjie) 6 times now. I love the place. I really want them to pull off the World Cup out there but at the minute I think things may be a bit tight.

One thing I would love is to get my R32 out there. Some of the roads are simply amazing. Stunning views and locations. Wide and well built roads on many of the main routes.

I have to agree :laugh:

We have:

Ou Kaapse Weg (Lotsa corners. Fast downhill)
Sir Lowryies pass (Words cant explain it) :evil:
Chapmans Peak (Do not turn the ESP off :shocked:  )
 And a few others. I cant think of there names. We were on Blackhill the other night (A short short pass with a long long and very calm straight down into Glencairn) the other night and a Black R32 came past us like we were going backwards. Didnt even have time to whip out my camera. We were in the 4x4 so didnt stand a chance against it. But it was stunnin and you could see SHE was enjoying it.  :huh: (Yes it was a female driver)

World Cup. Yeah. Things are tight but we seem to be moving and getting somewhere.

:smiley:

Join our group now!

Offline synnea

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 25 July 2007, 16:03 »
I really want to buy a house out there and leave a GTI or R there for when I come out on holiday   :grin:
R32 : DBP : Lux Pack : Winter Pack : Cruise : Leather : Parking Sensors : Rear Tints : Armrest : RNS 510 : Ipod MediaIn : FreeView Tuner : VagCom

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #19 on: 25 July 2007, 16:09 »
Can I be honest.
If you are going to buy a House here. now si teh Best time. Our prices are rather low and I can imagine them going up again the closer we get to 2010.

I can tell you that a full House GTI is about R290 000
And a full house R32 will set you back about R450 000

Though at the moment the R32 waiting list has gone over a year so you can order it now and move in when it arrives  :evil:

Join our group now!