Author Topic: Would this replace the pcv?  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Rob Zombie

• GTI forum regular
Re: Would this replace the pcv?
« Reply #10 on: 24 December 2012, 11:27 »
cheers wazzer - seen you did yours a while ago - has it all been wellw orth it in the end? did you follow pat's guide?

Just to clarify mate - does this effect emissions at all if you remove the PCV completely? did you also remove the suction jet pump and run a single vacum? Sorry for all the questiosn on this - jsut trying to figure out what parts i actually need to purchased to complete the full set up?

Cheers
« Last Edit: 24 December 2012, 11:30 by Rob Zombie »
Performance mods: Revo stage 2 map, 5 Peice Hose Kit & TIP, Evoloution Motorsport Air Filter, N249 by-pass, Forge spliter valve, ECS N75 Valve, KW 50mm springs &shocks, Front & Rear Eiabach ARB, Full Milltek Turbo back exhaust.

BHP: 231
TRQ: 251.7 lb-ft

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 24 December 2012, 11:30 »
Yes you rip it all out, where the oil filter breather is has a 19mm end
The rocker cover is a 19mm end
and the puck is 19mm

so you decide which 2 to join to a T and the other one straight into the can
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline JimBR

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 24 December 2012, 11:37 »
I replaced all of mine with silicone equivilents from creation motorsport which shouldnt split, they fit well and I used good quality jubilee clips so they shouldnt leak. Surely the PCV valve is there for a reason?

Offline Rob Zombie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 24 December 2012, 12:09 »
yea that's what I'm thinking - im reluctant to remvoe the system but jsut wanan know if there's ANY differences when the PCV valve itself is removed?
Performance mods: Revo stage 2 map, 5 Peice Hose Kit & TIP, Evoloution Motorsport Air Filter, N249 by-pass, Forge spliter valve, ECS N75 Valve, KW 50mm springs &shocks, Front & Rear Eiabach ARB, Full Milltek Turbo back exhaust.

Offline Rob Zombie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 24 December 2012, 12:12 »
just found a cheeky little palce to get all my 19mm ID pipes ad fittings from

http://www.etektuning.com/42-draft-stealth-oil-catch-can/

I think Im going to use the IE breather adaptor and 19mm threaded fitting here - http://store.42draftdesigns.com/PCV-90-Threaded-Fitting-34-Plastic_p_364.html