Author Topic: Would you??  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Deano2711

• I live here
  • 1992 VR6
Re: Would you??
« Reply #20 on: 30 August 2010, 21:15 »
I have two car seats in my Golf so that's not an issue at all. Within two years the 55 plate Vectra will be worth the same as the Golf and then the Golf will start to get worth more than the Vectra. Would you really want to swap for the Vectra then sell the Vectra then buy another car ??  Your insurance company will love you  :grin: :grin:  Keep the Golf after spending that cash on it and you will be surprised how easy you get on with the little one in it.   

Offline alex160

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 31 August 2010, 11:51 »
I got an insurance qoute today and according to the insurance companys its actually a 120 bhp model  :sad:  Which would explain my golf feeling alot quicker than the vectra, also read that you can't remap the cdti engine if its newer than a 52 plate due to it being a hybrid ecu, what ever that mean???  :huh:   I think i may stick with the golf for the moment, ive just forked out over £150 on some bits for it to try and get it all healthy again (Front wishbone bushes and a driveshaft). I did read on parkers that the vectra didnt like cold weather and suffered gearbox probs and starting problems apparently.
2001 Golf GT TDi  150bhp/ 250 ftIb torque  *No smoke, No poke*
Jamex coilovers, 8k HID's, 18" RS6 alloys, Pipercross panel filter. Stage 1 Revo remap.THS FR3 engine mounts, Anniversary headlamps. GTI rear spoiler, Miltek largebore decat/downpipe, Pro-speed cat back exhaust system (V6 4mo style tailpipes) *SOLD*

2002 Golf GT TDi 130. Allard egr removal kit, 18" Audi rs6 alloy wheels. Mk5 rear aero wiper.gen R32 roof spoiler, JOM coilovers, JOM heavy duty adj droplinks

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #22 on: 31 August 2010, 12:16 »
I got an insurance qoute today and according to the insurance companys its actually a 120 bhp model  :sad:  Which would explain my golf feeling alot quicker than the vectra, also read that you can't remap the cdti engine if its newer than a 52 plate due to it being a hybrid ecu, what ever that mean???  :huh:   I think i may stick with the golf for the moment, ive just forked out over £150 on some bits for it to try and get it all healthy again (Front wishbone bushes and a driveshaft). I did read on parkers that the vectra didnt like cold weather and suffered gearbox probs and starting problems apparently.

You can remap them I believe but most people seem to run a tuning box.

Offline houston

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 31 August 2010, 14:44 »
the ecu is coded to the pump and theres no software available that has managed to break it, so no remaps, but there are tuning boxes.

like i said, the gearbox problem is a right biatch!

Offline tg1

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 31 August 2010, 18:34 »
besides, you can get recaro baby seats for the mk4  :cool:

i might have mine for sale too. goes real nice with the blue/black recaros...

Offline alex160

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 31 August 2010, 21:26 »
besides, you can get recaro baby seats for the mk4  :cool:

i might have mine for sale too. goes real nice with the blue/black recaros...

Shotgun this if you decide to sell  :cool:
2001 Golf GT TDi  150bhp/ 250 ftIb torque  *No smoke, No poke*
Jamex coilovers, 8k HID's, 18" RS6 alloys, Pipercross panel filter. Stage 1 Revo remap.THS FR3 engine mounts, Anniversary headlamps. GTI rear spoiler, Miltek largebore decat/downpipe, Pro-speed cat back exhaust system (V6 4mo style tailpipes) *SOLD*

2002 Golf GT TDi 130. Allard egr removal kit, 18" Audi rs6 alloy wheels. Mk5 rear aero wiper.gen R32 roof spoiler, JOM coilovers, JOM heavy duty adj droplinks