Author Topic: Wound It Down And Washed It  (Read 6088 times)

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
Re: Wound It Down And Washed It
« Reply #90 on: 20 June 2009, 21:43 »
whats going on with that rear wheel??

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #91 on: 20 June 2009, 21:48 »
whats going on with that rear wheel??

pokage innit  :tongue:

Offline Grand Master Patch

• I live here
« Reply #92 on: 20 June 2009, 22:30 »
That rear wheel is an 18inch steelie.

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 18 July 2009, 20:15 »
Nothing new to report other than the 18inch banded steelies are on the scrap heap,they wanted £750 to band them :laugh:

I'm getting some custom made wheels from the US and shipped here for a lot less than that.

• I live here
« Reply #94 on: 29 August 2009, 20:18 »
The US wheels didn't meet safety standards and that was another idea on the scarp heap :grin:

Bought myself a k03s and will be visiting Nick soon,just waiting for one more part and i can get it all fitted and drive down for mapping.In preparation of the extra power,i've had a new cambelt/waterpump fitted done a pre turbo swap oil change,got a new thermostat ready and will get some nology plugs while down at R-tech.Suspension is all sorted with 28mm adjustable rear arb and 26mm front arb.The plan for the rest of this year is to get everything that's old/prone to where changed and save the styling plans for early next year,i have quite a few changes planned :wink:

• I live here
Re: Wound It Down And Washed It(new clutch fitted)
« Reply #95 on: 12 September 2009, 20:46 »
Big thanks to Pat,Ste and special guest motionlee for all your help today

As some of you may know i plan on taking my car to stage2 using a ko3s and getting it mapped by R-tech,but i had a worrying thought about my clutch.The car has done 95,000 and was still on the original clutch and the biting point was right at the top of the pedal,and was a lttle concerned that it would give up during the map on the rollers.This would be the last thing i would want,not only would i be wasting both R-techs and my time but i feared they also might not be able to complete the map.This was the last thing i wanted to happen.

So it was time to carry out the G60/VR6 flywheel clutch combo,this will not only cope with the new power but it will save me from looking a complete fool on the rollers.I had a flywheel from a mk3 gti that i bought a while back,so all i needed was the clutch kit and bolts.Got everything ordered and got to work on it today,well Lee did the work and the rest of us helped out where we could.We had a few heart stopping moments(i'm sure you lot were playing wind me up today),but in the end it all came good.

I've had this set up on my old Golf so i knew how it would feel,the rest of the lads were amazed at how light the pedal is with this set up,i remember Lee saying " why can't they do this set up for a six speed". As for the weight difference between a duel mass and single......around 800g,how can it feel so different  Next on the list is the turbo,wish me luck.