Author Topic: SKY Q  (Read 2126 times)

Running Man

SKY Q
« on: 27 May 2016, 22:13 »
Anyone bought one of these boxes yet?

Looks pretty good - I do like the idea of going to a non sky room in the house with a smart TV and watching my recordings from my planner.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: SKY Q
« Reply #1 on: 28 May 2016, 11:40 »
Was speaking to a bloke about it the other week.....he's had nothing but trouble with the system  :sad:

He has had Sky back at least 3 times in the space of a month........

Depending on your house you could run an aerial cable from the back of the Sky box into your TV.  You will probably need the RF box which is about £20 from Sky as the new boxes don't come with the RF output like the older boxes did

I would wait 12 months or so for the teething problems to be ironed out.  Also the equipment will get cheaper too......

Running Man

« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2016, 18:30 »
Yes thanks good call - I will wait until the new year and look again  :smiley:

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 08 July 2016, 19:57 »
I have a HDMI splitter for SKY+HD and then a 10m active HDMI cable running to the bedroom telly upstairs (which we don't watch very often). Still have the RF connected with a 'sky eye' to be able to use the remote but if you have the Sky+ app on Android/iOS you can use that as a remote instead to save running the extra cable.

Can't remember what brand I have off the top of my head as am at work at the moment.

Used to have a Neet brand splitter but had lots of problems with it.

2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000