Author Topic: DSG ex demo or new manual?  (Read 3238 times)

Offline jamesie75

• Just got here
DSG ex demo or new manual?
« on: 29 April 2016, 07:16 »
Hi all I have had a new gti manual standard version on order for a month or two now and it's due in next month. However recently I have found an ex demo at a vw dealer which is performance pack, dsg with leather. They are going to cost virtually the same price over 3 years finance wise but the ex demo of course is 8 months older on a 65 plate. I can't decide between the two. Which one do you all think would be better and crucially for me which one will be worth more in 3 years time?

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
Re: DSG ex demo or new manual?
« Reply #1 on: 29 April 2016, 09:31 »
I'd stick with the manual, I'd rather have a manual (changing gear is part of the fun to me), it's new so you know that it hasn't been driven by a bunch of idiots (potentially), it's got more of its warranty left, I personally don't like leather seats much, it's got the options you asked for and you've got the satisfaction of knowing it's new.

Thats my opinion.
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 29 April 2016, 12:37 »
Would put money on the spec'd up DSG being worth more in 3 years.

Will you definitely get rid in three years? Or would you consider keeping it?
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline jamesie75

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 29 April 2016, 14:52 »
Thank you I would consider keeping. If the Dsg had the tartan interior I would go for it without hesitation due to all the driving in traffic in town . Is the performance pack of any real value in day to day town driving?

Offline miniman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 28 May 2016, 08:25 »
Wouldnt think the performance pack would be of any benefit in town driving, its only 10bhp extra, and no increase in torque as far as i know.
A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever.

Offline Kash

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 29 May 2016, 11:40 »
The performance pack gives you a limited slip diff, Golf R sized front brakes and a 10bhp power increase, none of which you'll notice or need in town driving.
I'd go for the new one personally but thats because I don't like DSG or full leather :)