Author Topic: Wipers, washer and blower fan stopped working after new wiring install.  (Read 2563 times)

Offline Dammizi

• Just got here
Hi, bit new to this forum.

Had my Mk1 golf for the past 2 years and recently after lots of problems with the old ceramic fusebox decided to swap to a CE1 fuse box off a mk2 golf.

Cut and soldered and swapped all plugs from my old loom to the mk2 loom and yesterday started it up... everything was working fine apart from the blower fan and windscreen washer pump :s

today I tried to connect the brown/blue wire which goes to the washer pump directly to ground but that didn't help with getting the pump to work, now I have an even bigger problem cause the wipers refuse to work also although before messing with the brown/blue wire from the washer pump this was working :/

tried swapping the x/over relay or flashing the lights whilst operating the wipers, also treid another relay #19 but still none are working :(

after some more swearing and trying, found out that I am not getting any power to fuse no. 11 . what have I done wrong??? all other systems are working well in the car ( lights, indicators, engine running well, etc...)

someone PLS help!! these problems with the wiring are driving me crazy :s thanks!

Offline Dammizi

• Just got here
Btw if I posted this in the wrong place mods can u pls tell me?  :undecided: