Author Topic: Golf Mk6 H&R Super Sport Springs....Help!  (Read 4979 times)

Offline York_GTI

• Not said much yet
Golf Mk6 H&R Super Sport Springs....Help!
« on: 03 April 2014, 15:49 »
Hi guys

After a fair bit of research, I've decided to go for a set of H&R Super Sport lowering springs.  The only snag is that they are US only springs and not available here.  Despite contacting UK and US suppliers, I've not managed to secure a set.

Has anyone managed to source car bits such as springs, if so, could you confirm details of any suppliers/companies?

Long shot I know, but the H&R Super Sport springs are the ideal drop I'm after.
Current Car: Carbon Steel Grey 3 door 2012 Golf MK6 GTD DSG / RNS510 / Leather / 18" Monza Shadows / Carbon Re-Map

Tornado Red 5 door 2009 Golf MK6 GTi DSG / 18" Monza Alloys / PDT Stage 1 Remap - 261 BHP (NOW SOLD)

Black 3 door 2006 Golf MK5 GTi Manual / 18" Monza Alloys / PDT Stage 1 Remap & HPFP - 262 BHP (NOW SOLD)

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
Re: Golf Mk6 H&R Super Sport Springs....Help!
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2014, 18:37 »
Bring them in yourself from the states and then get someone over here to fit them.

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #2 on: 03 April 2014, 18:39 »
H&R super sport lowers the car 1.5inch (about 35mm) and I can't find anyone either that supplies them in Europe. If you want h&r then you'll have to settle for 29008-1 which are about 30mm lowering or an eibach sportline kit that's 40mm f and 30mm r.

I can see the h&r are not tuv approved, so that may be a reason why not available in Europe? (I also note some on american forums talk about the euro suspension, I do wonder if the chassis spec's differ? again hence the not available springs)

(b.t.w is this Chris? I remember some talk about h&r springs)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline York_GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 03 April 2014, 21:41 »
Hello there Mr B.  Yep, I thought that may be the case and why they are US only. 

I had the VWR springs fitted for a while and they are apparently Eibach Sportlines painted blue, however I didn't feel they dropped the car enough.

I guess the easiest way to do the drop would be a set of coilovers, otherwise I would need new dampers for the springs.  Any idea what the AP coilovers that Venom for instance sell are like, or the FK Highsport, which are a bit cheaper (and I'm very tempted by).

I would be wanting a 50mm or so drop, but I don't want a ride that is too firm either, not far from stock ideally.
Current Car: Carbon Steel Grey 3 door 2012 Golf MK6 GTD DSG / RNS510 / Leather / 18" Monza Shadows / Carbon Re-Map

Tornado Red 5 door 2009 Golf MK6 GTi DSG / 18" Monza Alloys / PDT Stage 1 Remap - 261 BHP (NOW SOLD)

Black 3 door 2006 Golf MK5 GTi Manual / 18" Monza Alloys / PDT Stage 1 Remap & HPFP - 262 BHP (NOW SOLD)

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #4 on: 03 April 2014, 22:17 »

I guess the easiest way to do the drop would be a set of coilovers, otherwise I would need new dampers for the springs.  Any idea what the AP coilovers that Venom for instance sell are like, or the FK Highsport, which are a bit cheaper (and I'm very tempted by).

You will find any coilovers will be harder ride (unless you spend a bit more and get damping adjustable, most are stiffer/uprated by 30%). I know ap are a top brand and recommended by lots of people although spec wise they are the same as all other coilovers at that price range.
FK are a good set up and a bit cheaper than many (£370 from me) or another good cheap brand is V-Maxx http://www.v-maxx.co.uk/ which are £345 for your Mk6 (again from me)
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 03 April 2014, 23:51 »
Dave "Pryda" got them imported through Awesome GTI - manchester. He had to blag them for a while but they ended up getting them within 2 weeks,

Dont think them fob you off that the UK ones are the same just a different part number - they are not  :cool:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline York_GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 04 April 2014, 14:52 »
I may well get in touch with Awesome GTI in that case, used them before so I can see how I get on.

When I factor in the cost of getting a new set of new dampers in addition to the springs, the FK's are an attractive option, as an all in one solution :smiley:

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 04 April 2014, 16:51 »
Have you tried German Ebay?  If you stick "vw golf 6 gti H&R" it brings quite a few sets up, but I don't know if they are the particular ones that you are looking for?

Offline York_GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 05 April 2014, 17:59 »
Thanks for the suggestion, I will take a look :smiley:
I'm thinking coilovers may be the way to go now though...

Offline pryda

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 15 April 2014, 21:23 »
Awesome GTi imported mine from ECS on their account. a little blagging was needed, but I am a regular customer with them so I pulled a favour.

The springs are well worth the investment. they drop the car 45mm and maintain the ride quality.

2009 MK6 GTi, Candy White 3dr, Stage 1 Revo, Milltek cat back, H&R SuperSport, RNS510, OSRAM kit

Unphased - NorthWest German/VAG/Retro Meet
Every 3rd Thursday Of The Month
http://www.un-phased.co.uk/