Author Topic: 1.8 8v gti ???  (Read 6839 times)

Offline shepgti

• I live here
Re: 1.8 8v gti ???
« Reply #20 on: 12 March 2011, 16:47 »
ahh ebay, the worst place to buy a project :grin:

only way you can be sure is phone the dvla and see if they say it should have been crushed years ago :grin:

Offline matping

• Here all the time
  • MK1 20vT MK5 GTI T
« Reply #21 on: 12 March 2011, 16:52 »
yeah will be ringing them mon morn  . suppose if it was taken off the road there shouldent still be a logbook kicking about  and definatlly not  last years mot but ill see monday

Offline matping

• Here all the time
  • MK1 20vT MK5 GTI T
« Reply #22 on: 14 March 2011, 17:53 »
had DVLA on the blower this morn the car is sound   so all good to go now with the project !    bum holes stop'd twitching now.  engines out  all bottom half of engine bay as been  undersealed today .  going to prime top half then re paint white ready for engine to go in ! 

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #23 on: 22 March 2011, 14:01 »
had DVLA on the blower this morn the car is sound   so all good to go now with the project !    bum holes stop'd twitching now.  engines out  all bottom half of engine bay as been  undersealed today .  going to prime top half then re paint white ready for engine to go in ! 

Cool, what did the DVLA have to say about the HPI records then?

Offline matping

• Here all the time
  • MK1 20vT MK5 GTI T
« Reply #24 on: 28 March 2011, 22:02 »
they said theres no bad  history with the car and if it had been a cat C,D then that gets logged on the log book v5 cirtificate or sometimes they hold the logbook until the car goes for a VIC check  so my guess it was a crap txt thing that i did  so my advise  do a good hpi check not a 3 quid txt thingy !! i have the logbook back and all is ok !