Author Topic: Problems after remap!!!!! Any help please  (Read 3505 times)

Offline 2pthemarine77

• Just got here
Problems after remap!!!!! Any help please
« on: 01 August 2012, 21:21 »
I have a 51 1.8t AUM. I love this little car. I knew I was going to get it mapped so I'd all the preps for extra power. Clutch, Cambelt and water pump and discs and pads all round.

Spoke to the remap guy. Who I won't name as I'm sure I don't want to give him a bad rep. Yet.... LOL

Told him what I wanted I went with the pipercross panel, a Bailey DV30 recirculation valve and a decat.

With these 3 mods the car drove perfectly. It through the Engine light on once in three weeks while I was stuck in traffic and I knew what it was. I scanned and cat below efficiency cleared it and it has not come back on since.

Last night I had it mapped. Now well....... It starts and idles perfectly. When I floor it I goes like hell about 15psi which made me smile.  But when to drive it on a normal journey. It surges at half throttle about 10psi on the gauge, almost like its missing then it seemed to clear itself.  But then realised when I put my foot down it won't boost over 5psi some sort of limp mode but in this mode I drives perfect no surging and feels smooth.

Spoke to map man. He said it is probably the air flow meter as the can be prone to breaking under the extra boost. Put a genuine VW one on today it's the same. He then advised the N75 valve.

£225 map
£100 on a MAF that has not fixed it

And I had to tax it yesterday too. I am not going to throw money at it unless it fixes it.

Any ideas or had the same problem advise really really welcome.

Cheers Paul

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
Re: Problems after remap!!!!! Any help please
« Reply #1 on: 01 August 2012, 21:29 »
Get it scanned mate im not clued up on AUM's but map sensors, coil packs etc can affect these problems too.

Its not always the remap its nearly always the hardware but the remap highlights the underlyin issue.

Hope this helps.
1.6-1.8t AGU K03s, Forge actuator, Forge 007p, turbo back exhuast, Ths front mount, Catch can, 5 piece silicone boost pipes and creation sports tip. Stage 2 atm 232bhp 270lbs. Waiting for custom mapping :-)

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 August 2012, 21:33 »
were health checks done before the remap? i know my AUM 51 needs all vac hoses modded, need to get a new TIP and at some point a new exhaust, and i did this all as per Rtech's suggestion before i even take it to them later plus the obvious brakes, filter etc etc

Mk4 Golf 1.8t AUM, Wintersports Addition. PiperX panel filter, 008p Forge DV, Toyosports DP 3", Miltek Anni Style CatBack non resonated, APR Sport CAT 200Cell, Catch Can RS4 Reps 18s, OEM R32 front and OEM

Offline 2pthemarine77

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 01 August 2012, 21:42 »
A health check was done and I scanned it with snap on modis today. It came up clear of codes. But will scan it again tomorrow. Im a bit baffled as to why it runs so well in what I can only call limp mode it still boosts to 5 psi though, and runs like it did before with good mpg. It only seems to play up under load. worse up hill.

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 01 August 2012, 21:49 »
Possible boost leak?
Crank shaft sensor made my AGU go in limp mode and boost very little?
Weak actuator (although it may still peak upto desired boost level then drop off quickly) Do you have a boost gauge installed? Does it peak at 5psi and hold there?
I would dump the baileys dv and get a forge recirculating valve or similar.

Could be anything but really differcult to diagnose without physically seeing the car and how it performs etc.

The joys of 1.8t's
1.6-1.8t AGU K03s, Forge actuator, Forge 007p, turbo back exhuast, Ths front mount, Catch can, 5 piece silicone boost pipes and creation sports tip. Stage 2 atm 232bhp 270lbs. Waiting for custom mapping :-)

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 01 August 2012, 21:52 »
sounds like a seal may of gone?

Mk4 Golf 1.8t AUM, Wintersports Addition. PiperX panel filter, 008p Forge DV, Toyosports DP 3", Miltek Anni Style CatBack non resonated, APR Sport CAT 200Cell, Catch Can RS4 Reps 18s, OEM R32 front and OEM

Offline jamie1989

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 01 August 2012, 21:56 »
perfect guide

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=159156.0

Goodluck and let us know how you get on  :grin:

Offline 2pthemarine77

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 01 August 2012, 22:06 »
Cheers peeps I'll do some investigating and let you know.

Please keep the suggestion coming though  :smiley:

Offline cullygti

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 01 August 2012, 22:13 »
sounds like a seal may of gone?

:grin:  :grin:

i drive a golf thats why im skint!!!!

losing interest in the golf and now not so skint !!!!!

Offline Chris.

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 01 August 2012, 22:14 »
if it drops into limp mode, you WILL get a fault code,

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton