Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 627482 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #1040 on: 06 November 2013, 08:41 »
Custom exhaust fitted. 3.5" downpipe and 3" straight through system fully TIG welded with cast stainless flanges and 4" slash cut titanium tips.

Cast flanges.

A little video/sound clip  :cool:

Only one deep pop on the overrun from 4krpms as that is the max rpm's I can do with the DSG at standstill, but pops and burbles much better from higher revs on the road.

http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/neilgibbs/media/7330BCA4-EC75-4AB0-B20F-971B30502E79-4352-000004F77FF4E0ED_zpscf493005.mp4.html
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Beddie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1041 on: 06 November 2013, 21:12 »
Took it for a slide round a very wet Oulton park  :smiley:

Carbon Grey ED35

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1042 on: 06 November 2013, 21:49 »
how was the inferior 6 compared to the superior 5 (if you listen to Tiff) :)

Offline Beddie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1043 on: 06 November 2013, 22:33 »

Well I was very pleasantly surprised today tbh mate, first track day with the 35 and still bone stock bar the remap and it felt every bit as good and just as fast and composed as the 30 did with the mods..
Granted its a much newer and fresher car and perhaps the softer stock setup allowed more grip on a very wet track compared to the much stiffer 30 but I've come away from today very impressed with my inferior mk6  :wink:
Carbon Grey ED35

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #1044 on: 07 November 2013, 12:44 »

Well I was very pleasantly surprised today tbh mate, first track day with the 35 and still bone stock bar the remap and it felt every bit as good and just as fast and composed as the 30 did with the mods..
Granted its a much newer and fresher car and perhaps the softer stock setup allowed more grip on a very wet track compared to the much stiffer 30 but I've come away from today very impressed with my inferior mk6  :wink:

That rear diffuser will make all of the difference!!!

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1045 on: 07 November 2013, 14:09 »

Exactly and because its gloss black and smooth air just passes over it far easier

Offline Beddie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1046 on: 07 November 2013, 14:31 »

Exactly and because its gloss black and smooth air just passes over it far easier

10 seconds a lap. Fact  :cool:
Carbon Grey ED35

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #1047 on: 07 November 2013, 17:55 »

Easily!  :laugh: how long before someone says, "really"!

Offline spiderman

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1048 on: 07 November 2013, 18:15 »
Having had a Week of 0-4'C starts in the morning

Today i fitted my steelies and winter tyres, while the wheels were off i cleaned up the surface corrosion spots on all the suspension bits and then sprayed all the components with Waxoyl Anti stonechip black, should give it a bit more protection during the Winter. :cool:

Also with discretion being the better part of valour and the advantages of having the bluefin, i put the ECU back to factory standard. Its been a bit of handful on the recent slippery surfaces due to the extra power, so don't fancy leaving it like that for the snow.

The monzas have been fully cleaned and had all the little sticky bits of sand/stones removed and a nice coat of wax applied, they'll get stored tomorrow. :smiley:

Sandy
Looking something classic

Offline Beddie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1049 on: 07 November 2013, 20:37 »

Easily!  :laugh: how long before someone says, "really"!

Not long i'm sure! So to answer the question in advance, yes it's worth 10 seconds a lap in gloss black, 8 seconds in flat back (more air resistance) and 4 seconds in silver.. :laugh:
Carbon Grey ED35