Author Topic: chuff - grandad coupe  (Read 10393 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
chuff - grandad coupe
« on: 17 April 2009, 14:09 »
:tongue:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: chuff - grandad coupe
« Reply #1 on: 17 April 2009, 15:37 »
Well as i am rapidly approaching 40 according to my daughter who is threatening to make me a grandad by then, I thought why the hell not

Taken straight from the autotrader ad

Manual, Saloon,Petrol,1.3 CL116,000 miles,Red,  2 Owners. ( father n son ) Full Service History,10 month MOT, 4 months

and the ad piccies

Tis amazing how different cameras give different colours. heres the shots i took.

still, she is now insured for the MASSIVE  figure of £73  :laugh: al i got to do now is collect the old girl tomorrow  :cool:

More updates to follow as she is stripped  :shocked:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: chuff - grandad coupe
« Reply #2 on: 18 April 2009, 16:42 »
Well the old girl was collected  :cool:

the journey home was " interesting "  :laugh:

The suspension is " floaty "  :grin:

the brakes are  :shocked: basic  :shocked:

The performance is better than the Mk2 golf auto i had.  :smug: even touched 80 downhill with a following wind  :grin:

So got her home,

Then turned it whiter than it was before  :lipsrsealed:

Then noticed some very original things on the car , including original dealer plates  and the following.

Tried  :cry: making a start on the faded / whiteish paint  but my shoulders arent up to it ( Guy - PM coming your way  :wink: )

Then i got the service book out and

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :cool:

Full service book stamped til 2007, AND reciepts from the same garage from 2004 til 2008 for at LEAST £300 a year for service and MOTs. and its only done 5000 miles since last January :afro:

So I am one happy chappy, and will be even happier once i have had the paint sorted  :cool: :afro: