Author Topic: Mk4 1.8t VS Civic Type R  (Read 20926 times)

Offline scottyboy08

• Here all the time
  • mk4 anni rep....1.4 really :P
Re: Mk4 1.8t VS Civic Type R
« Reply #50 on: 03 March 2009, 17:28 »
despite all people who drive CTR's are chavs etc. and golfs are built better the questions you asked about which is faster and handles better the answer to both of them is that the CTR does...
simple!

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #51 on: 03 March 2009, 17:33 »
Worth remembering though that you're comparing the top of the range Civic, with a not top of the range mk4.  A more fair comparison would be the top of the range R32, which would chew up the CTR and spit it out when it was done  :cool:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #52 on: 03 March 2009, 17:36 »
You cant really compare it to the R32 cos that was alot more money new, whereas the GTI was more comparible on price.

As said before it is all down to personel taste.

The Civic may be faster and handle better than the Golf, but on the road you can only go as fast as you can safely see. Both cars will allow you to make rapid progress, but the Golf will make less fuss about it.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline jonnyturbo

• Forum addict
« Reply #53 on: 03 March 2009, 17:59 »
good point bob
Gone but still keeping a close eye on it...

Mk4 golf 1.8t AUM Hybrid K03s. Custom Mapped by R-tech to 260bhp. CR hybrid turbo Audi TT injectors / fuel pump, Forge tip,THS FMIC,Carbonio CAI, Full milltek turbo back, N249 bypass, Fully poly bushed, Weitec coils. Genuine R32 front bumper and Genuine R-line rear, Genuine Porsche twists, Anniversary black interior.

Offline sambo

• I live here
« Reply #54 on: 03 March 2009, 18:18 »
The Gti isn't designed to be thrashed about though, just because people do it doesn't mean it was designed too  :grin: It's like the leon cupra R. That was designed to go fast, big brakes loads of power. The Gti is comparable to the seat leon cupra. Sporty appearance, comfy ride, bit nippy.

I think the biggest down fall with the mk 4 was there was no gap in between the GTI and the R32. This mean't either feeling let down by the 'out the box' performance of the Gti, or dig deep for the all singing all dancing R32.

If VW had given the mk4 a decent ECU map from factory, it may have been a differant story. (ie people not expecting more than what they got)

Also saying putting a charger on the type R is all very well, but spend similar money on the golf and your knocking on similar doors too.

JMO Sam  :smiley:
Sam

AXX power!  ..   Tinkering has started.... :smiley:

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #55 on: 03 March 2009, 19:16 »
Worth remembering though that you're comparing the top of the range Civic, with a not top of the range mk4.  A more fair comparison would be the top of the range R32, which would chew up the CTR and spit it out when it was done  :cool:

I don't really think the R32 would be THAT much quicker anyway! :undecided:
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #56 on: 03 March 2009, 19:43 »

I think the biggest down fall with the mk 4 was there was no gap in between the GTI and the R32. This mean't either feeling let down by the 'out the box' performance of the Gti, or dig deep for the all singing all dancing R32.

Talking standard here..................  Have you forgotten about the V6 4M?! ;)

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Offline sambo

• I live here
« Reply #57 on: 03 March 2009, 19:47 »

Talking standard here..................  Have you forgotten about the V6 4M?! ;)

Yes... actually i had  :rolleyes:  , but even so it's more of a v6 cruiser than a hot hatch, IMO anyway...

Anyway the wood trim alone in a gti proves my point!    :grin:

Sam

AXX power!  ..   Tinkering has started.... :smiley:

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #58 on: 03 March 2009, 19:57 »

Yes... actually i had  :rolleyes:  , but even so it's more of a v6 cruiser than a hot hatch, IMO anyway...

Anyway the wood trim alone in a gti proves my point!    :grin:

They still left the wood in the V6! :D

Yup, deffo a motorway weapon...........................  CTR would still be quicker than that, though! ;)

Offline gjroe78

• I live here
  • http://shop.ebay.co.uk/mattroe2007/m.html
« Reply #59 on: 03 March 2009, 20:16 »
the build quality of the golf is miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeessss better, the civic is very tinny but it is faster and does handle better it's all down to what you want  :wink:
<br /><br />+ a 1.8T Bora Sport(R-Tech\'ed to 213bhp)