Author Topic: 'R' sub section or not? What do you think?  (Read 9328 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: 'R' sub section or not? What do you think?
« Reply #10 on: 03 July 2015, 09:28 »
Tbh i'm not a huge fan of having a TDI section, it's something that has been done since the mk4, i think due to the amount of R owners on here now the danger would be that the main section would be completely dead! :D

:grin:

Thanks for your response Jimble, the only one from someone who has had an R.

I think you're right.  It was just a question, probably a stupid one at that, to gauge people's thoughts, and was more aimed at the technical questions that arise from R ownership as opposed to more general stuff.  Some very valid points have been made.

We will be one homogenous group  :smiley:

All the other R owners must be over on the R Forum...... :whistle: :grin:
« Last Edit: 03 July 2015, 09:39 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 03 July 2015, 10:42 »
...I haven't even got a 7 of any description.

Yes Simon, it's time you got rid of that three pedalled Mk6 dinosaur.... :tongue:  :grin:

I know, but having lost all aspirations towards owning nice cars, I really can't be arsed to even think about it. I still have an interest in cars and like to read about other what other people are up to, but that's as far as it goes.

There could well be a caravan deal for me next week, so that's more like it. Perhaps we could have a caravan sub-section instead.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 03 July 2015, 10:45 »
...I haven't even got a 7 of any description.

Yes Simon, it's time you got rid of that three pedalled Mk6 dinosaur.... :tongue:  :grin:

I know, but having lost all aspirations towards owning nice cars, I really can't be arsed to even think about it. I still have an interest in cars and like to read about other what other people are up to, but that's as far as it goes.

There could well be a caravan deal for me next week, so that's more like it. Perhaps we could have a caravan sub-section instead.

A car 'R' van?  :grin: :grin:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 03 July 2015, 10:48 »

Fair enough, and then there's burgeoning cycling interest  :smiley: You a regular on bike forums?

No, but I do know where you can get some quality caravan detailing products   :wink:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 03 July 2015, 10:51 »
A car 'R' van?  :grin: :grin:

:grin:

Just paint a red/silver stripe across the front and through the headlights and job done!  It qualifies for this forum! :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 03 July 2015, 10:59 »
You a regular on bike forums?

No. I would imagine they are very much like cycling clubs.

No, but I do know where you can get some quality caravan detailing products   :wink:

Does Neil stock hobbrite and oven cleaner?

Just paint a red/silver stripe across the front and through the headlights and job done!  It qualifies for this forum! :grin:

Funny you should say that, as the intended new one has red stripes.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 03 July 2015, 12:42 »
No. I would imagine they are very much like cycling clubs.

Yes, interaction with actual real live people, perish the thought!

Does Neil stock hobbrite and oven cleaner?

Probably.  Why don't you ask him  :laugh:

Funny you should say that, as the intended new one has red stripes.

Haha, well that's that then - GTI caravan sub section required.  You should PM Jimble  :tongue:

Joking aside, every other car seems to have a red stripe somewhere or other at the moment.  It's flavour of the month.  I've seen 3 in the last 2 days. They are imposters - NOT the real thing  :whistle:  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 03 July 2015, 12:48 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 03 July 2015, 12:56 »
Why not go to the vwroc Forum for all things R?
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 03 July 2015, 13:13 »

Surely there's room for R specific info on both forums?  I wasn't suggesting setting up a rival R forum.  Simply that there are a few more people on here with R's now or getting R's, so why not ask?

The R Forum is clearly a useful resource for any R owner, but I don't see why specific tech questions shouldn't also be raised here too.  As the info often crops up in random threads and sometimes gets lost, I find my self constantly bookmarking numerous threads containing technical R info and just wondered if there was a better way and wondered what others thought. That's all.

Thanks for your valuable input.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 03 July 2015, 13:39 »

Surely there's room for R specific info on both forums?  I wasn't suggesting setting up a rival R forum.  Simply that there are a few more people on here with R's now or getting R's, so why not ask?

The R Forum is clearly a useful resource for any R owner, but I don't see why specific tech questions shouldn't also be raised here too.  As the info often crops up in random threads and sometimes gets lost, I find my self constantly bookmarking numerous threads containing technical R info and just wondered if there was a better way and wondered what others thought. That's all.

Thanks for your valuable input.

I am trying really hard to get you to join vwroc. It does rock! Both this and vwroc are great most of the time. :kiss:

Andy is already a member but does not post. Matt is a member and posts. It will be a veritable honour to have my matron of honour on both forums!  :grin:
« Last Edit: 03 July 2015, 13:50 by am1w »
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP