Author Topic: 'Boot open' warning on dashboard  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Millzy68

• Not said much yet
'Boot open' warning on dashboard
« on: 17 June 2014, 00:00 »
Hi
I've had my mk7 GTD for nearly six months now and loved every mile I've driven, but over the last couple of weeks I have had an issue with the 'boot open' red warning light, on the dashboard cluster. It's happened about four or five times now, each time the graphic of the car pops up with the boot area highlighted in red, and each time, I've pulled over, checked the boot then open and reclosed it. The warning light goes off but then reoccurrs a couple of days later.
Anyone else had this?
Cheers in advance

Offline vidman2

• Here all the time
Re: 'Boot open' warning on dashboard
« Reply #1 on: 17 June 2014, 08:53 »
Had this on my last car - just needed a quick trip to the stealer to tighten and adjust the boot latch/switch assembly.
2015 R DSG. Limestone Grey, DCC, Winter Pack, Tech Pack, Reversing Camera    plus   2013 Mk7 GTi DSG - Performance, Navigation, Winter Pack, DCC, Park Assist,

Offline FNJ-GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 17 June 2014, 15:43 »
I had this once when I first got the car but have never had it happen since and so I haven't had it looked at. Vidman2 is right maybe check with your dealer if its happening a lot.

Offline Millzy68

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 17 June 2014, 20:04 »
Cheers for the help, probably nip it into the local dealership to be on the safe side.