Author Topic: 'Reflex' Courtesy Cars for late orders  (Read 3670 times)

Offline mortimerchris

• Not said much yet
'Reflex' Courtesy Cars for late orders
« on: 17 September 2013, 14:54 »
The '20 weeks from order accepted from factory' (23 weeks since order) arrives this Thursday,
There has been a lot of confusion and the usual BS from VW but it looks like I should be ok.

My question is out to those who have received a car from Europcar in the same situation:

What car did you get and do you feel it is as good or better than the GTI??
Ordered a Golf GTI DSG Performance Pack in Pure White with Keyless Entry, Dynaudio, Rear View Camera and Panoramic Roof.

Currently driving a Scirocco 170 GT in Night Blue with Bluetooth, Rear Parking Sensors, DAB and Dynaudio.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: 'Reflex' Courtesy Cars for late orders
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2013, 14:57 »
The '20 weeks from order accepted from factory' (23 weeks since order) arrives this Thursday,
There has been a lot of confusion and the usual BS from VW but it looks like I should be ok.

My question is out to those who have received a car from Europcar in the same situation:

What car did you get and do you feel it is as good or better than the GTI??

:grin: Is this a joke thread?!  I've got a GTI PP on order - and they gave me a 1.2 TSI Bluemotion Golf S with 85bhp - so no, its not better than a GTI and it certainly isn't a "like for like" courtesy car!!  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2013, 16:11 »
They'd have to give you something real special to be better than the GTI?

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2013, 16:15 »
They'd have to give you something real special to be better than the GTI?

A 2.0L car would have been close....not a 1.2!  Cheers VW  :rolleyes:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #4 on: 17 September 2013, 16:18 »
If its only for a few weeks I dunno why they can't get people in one of the many demos they have.  They can't really use them as demos since they have an order backlog anyway.  I suppose they hope to flog them off though.

Offline Neil_MK

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 17 September 2013, 16:19 »
The original plan was that I would get a courtesy car via Europcar but the dealer changed their mind and gave me a car from their own fleet "to ensure I got a car of suitable spec". I presume that means the car I would have got via VW UK from Europcar would be pretty basic.

I got a 13 plate Golf GT TDI 150 Bluemotion by the way - OK its not a GTI but its really not all that bad.... for a diesel  :evil:
Rejected - MK7 Golf GTI 5dr - Pure White - Hailstorm damaged (Ordered 24th April)
Rebuild on order - MK7 Golf GTI 5dr - Pure White - this time with Performance Pack - Confirmed BW40 (no hailstorms this time please!)

Offline mortimerchris

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 17 September 2013, 16:47 »
My dealer Corkhill say the don't have any they can use.
It seems most dealerships have sold their demos'.

I was in the same situation when I bought my Scirocco and they gave me a 1.4 Golf but with a bit of nagging I got a C Class.

Time will tell....
Ordered a Golf GTI DSG Performance Pack in Pure White with Keyless Entry, Dynaudio, Rear View Camera and Panoramic Roof.

Currently driving a Scirocco 170 GT in Night Blue with Bluetooth, Rear Parking Sensors, DAB and Dynaudio.

Jules Winfield

« Reply #7 on: 17 September 2013, 20:01 »
I had 1.2 Polo from the dealer for two months when I was waiting for my Mark 6 (this was six months into my wait).  It was very, very basic - didn't even have air conditioning.

I specifically said that I didn't want a Golf, as I didn't want to spoil things for when I finally took delivery.

Don't get your hopes up - "suitable spec" could mean anything.  VW Liverpool once gave me a canary yellow Fox as a courtesy car.  And another Fox with an out-of-date tax disc.

Offline Misterp

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 19 September 2013, 08:49 »
So my dealership about two weeks ago let me have a powder blue beetle pics on another thread if you want to laugh. Whilst I haven't been driving 'economically' it's managing less mpg then my old audi a3 sline. It did on a 20 diesel 100 miles or approx 33 mpg. That's crap for a car with 5000 miles on the clock and the official figures say should manage somewhere up to 65mpg. I know I wouldn't manage that but half come on.
Golf GTD mk7 DSG pearl black - collected 25 September 2013.

Offline domrees

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 19 September 2013, 13:50 »
Got a Mk7 2.0TDI150 DSG - great bit of kit.

love:

seamless bluetooth
the way everything "works"
ADC is hilariously good to use.  Just program it and relax.  I kid you not, you could almost fall asleep on the motorway, its that good.
3dr Manual in Pure White with PP, Dynaudio, Nav and Keyless. Oh and a service pack.