Author Topic: No new cars  (Read 2521 times)

Offline jf111

• Not said much yet
No new cars
« on: 25 January 2020, 00:21 »
Hello, I'm a new member.

I'm trying to purchase a new MK7.5 GTI Performance but struggling to find any decent offers or even cars in stock with a good specification. Ideally I want the following: DCC, Art Velour or Vienna interior, Dynaudio. Other stuff like wheels, window tints, etc, is not important as they can easily be changed.

Normally when buying a brand new car you're able to get various dealer contributions and attractive finance deals but I'm not seeing much out there. I know this is in part due to no factory orders being placed on MK7.5 Golfs, as the MK8 is on its way but there has to be some decent cars sitting in dealership car parks?!

I've searched online for dealers both close and far from home, tried carwow, drivethedeal, coast2coast, etc. While I have had some promising conversations on the phone, it all goes quiet in most cases and I never hear anything back despite showing interest and offering a holding deposit on the odd car that comes up with a good spec. It's like nobody wants me to buy a car!

While there are significant discounts on nearly new used cars, it still doesn't come close in terms of finance (PCP) on a new car with a dealer deposit contribution and my own deposit.

Any suggestions that don't involve waiting for the MK8 GTI?  :smiley: Perhaps I will have more luck in March when the 20 plate is out?

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: No new cars
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2020, 07:33 »
I certainly wouldn’t wait until March. The longer you wait, the less stock there will be, irrespective of a new plate. My brother had the same problem when looking at getting a gti. He was offered 1 car by Manchester Vw with options he didn’t want.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline skippy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2020, 07:45 »
Yes, I would suggest it is almost too late now to get the options/spec you want on existing cars. I wanted Dynaudio but very few stock cars had it installed and those that did, were specced with everything else as well.

Standard spec is really good anyway, but I would just keep searching, but you may have to change your thoughts on spec.

Good luck though!
MK7.5 2020, Isaac Blue, standard spec

Gone but certainly not forgotten Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TSI

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2020, 08:10 »
I’m having the same experience jf111. I started looking a few months back, there doesn’t seem to be anything out there with Dynaudio. I totally messed up as didn’t get my act together to order a manual before they stopped building them. Haven’t been able to get a decent test drive of a DSG so reluctant to change.
Currently driving a manual mk7 PP with Dynaudio and leather that I’ve had from new and might have finally realised that I’m going to have to stick with that rather than moving to a used standard MK7.5 DSG in a colour I don’t desire.
Unless of course anyone knows of a car out there with my desired spec and low mileage  :smiley: :wink:

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2020, 09:27 »
From another, similar, thread on here, so I’m sure he won’t mind me reposting this, by member evo1986:

” Give me a call tomorrow or on the weekend I am sure I can help or if not I can point you in the right direction.

Lee Evans
General Sales Manager
Cheltenham Volkswagen
01242 222233 “
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 25 January 2020, 09:55 »
I find it funny that people on here always post about wanting DCC and Dynaudio yet it seems neither is a popular option in the general herd of Golf's. I guess both are a bit of frippery most won't pay for!

You are pretty much out of luck though other than cancelled orders or into ex-demo/das welt now.

And as with any non-personal factory order, its a case of lots of hunting if you have a particular spec in mind. Usually if that list of wants is more than 1 thing you start to play a numbers game that means you can't achieve it.

You can always do the Plug and Play Helix amp if you want an alternative to Dyn Audio.

DCC is harder to add, but there are after market equivalent shock systems available too if you want it bad enough.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 25 January 2020, 10:13 »
Frippery?! It’s all frippery! Excellent word btw.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Andy198

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 25 January 2020, 10:39 »
I know from experience that there are precious few GTI's specced with Dynamic Chassis, but its something i had to have. I found mine new in October with DCC, Brescias and a sunroof - I'd have loved Dynaudio, but couldn't find it with DCC and gave up.
I lost count of GTI's/R with 19" alloys and Pan roofs - maybe they think they'll be more appealing in the showroom and easier to sell??? DCC and Dynaudio are kind of 'invisible' add-ons - much more likely to appeal to an enthusiast and knowledgeable buyer, like on a GTI Forum.

For the OP - I wouldn't wait and if funds allow, maybe look at the TCR as there seems to be a fair amount of them around and if they have the 19" wheels, then DCC will be added automatically (I think?) There's a nice one here: https://listers.co.uk/new/volkswagen/golf/stock/018-n606885 maybe make a cheeky offer???
Good luck in the hunt though.
GTI PP Mk7.5 with DCC, Sunroof, Brescias / BBS SR & 90% Tints

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 14 February 2020, 20:21 »
Did you ever get sorted with a car  mine possibly coming up end of March with a lot of the spec you are after