Author Topic: Carista - available options  (Read 11479 times)

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
Re: Carista - available options
« Reply #20 on: 20 January 2020, 20:38 »
See here - https://blog.caristaapp.com/throttle-response-behavior-for-mk7-based-cars-mqb-platform-a6631cbfca68

I tried it, but it didn’t seem to make much difference imo. It felt slightly different but not in the way I was expecting or hoping so I just put it back to default.
« Last Edit: 20 January 2020, 21:03 by Mutley75 »
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 20 January 2020, 21:02 »
OK, thanks. Won’t bother then.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 21 January 2020, 16:13 »
Carista is a great little device! I’ve been wanting to make a few changes to the car, but I’m all Apple, so getting OBD11 involved extra costs, and I’d just put it off. For £15.99 I’ve done all the changes I wanted - as long as I remember to cancel my subscription before 21st of February!

What I did today was:
1. Soundaktor volume down to zero. (Seems to make a big improvement to in car refinement.)
2. Show A/C blower speed when in AUTO.
3. Scandinavian DRL: daytime running lights also activate taillights. (Never saw the sense of just fronts!)
4. Lane-change turn signal auto-flasher count set from 3 to 5.
5. Puddle lights while driver-side mirror is folding.
6. Puddle lights while passenger-side mirror is folding.
7. Configured beep when locking/unlocking and enabled menu in car settings.
8. Headlight washer activation delay set to maximum 2.5 seconds and frequency to every screen wash.

The only problem I had was that to change the number of lane change flashes you need to reset the lights to factory settings. There is a note in the app about this, which I failed to follow for a few frustrating attempts. Once I did that the change to 5 happened. Altogether very satisfying and great value for money.
Roger.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 21 January 2020, 17:35 »
You can cancel the sub immediately without losing your free month. No need to remember nearer the time then.

Rear DRLs - I thought about this. But doesn’t it make the brake lights more difficult to notice for blithering idiots that come hurtling up behind you?
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 21 January 2020, 17:49 »
Ah, good tip on the sub cancellation - thanks!

Pros and cons on the rear drl’s I think, but I’ve always thought that blithering idiots were more likely to run into your rear, in bad light, than your front. The led brake lights are pretty bright anyway! Idiot proof? I’ll let you know! 😬
Roger.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 21 January 2020, 17:50 »
You can cancel the sub immediately without losing your free month. No need to remember nearer the time then.

Rear DRLs - I thought about this. But doesn’t it make the brake lights more difficult to notice for blithering idiots that come hurtling up behind you?

I’ve always assumed that when DRL’s are activated in Scandinavian mode, the intensity of the rears is the same as when the lights are switched on. If so, then the brake lights should be no more difficult to see on a car with DRL’s in Scandinavian mode than they would be on a car without Scandinavian mode DRL’s but with just the normal lights switched on.

The DRL’s on newer versions of the current Seat Leon are in Scandinavian mode by default from the factory.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 21 January 2020, 17:59 »

I’ve always assumed that when DRL’s are activated in Scandinavian mode, the intensity of the rears is the same as when the lights are switched on. If so, then the brake lights should be no more difficult to see on a car with DRL’s in Scandinavian mode than they would be on a car without Scandinavian mode DRL’s but with just the normal lights switched on.

The DRL’s on newer versions of the current Seat Leon are in Scandinavian mode by default from the factory.

Yes, the Scandinavian DRL setting has just turned on the normal tail lights so, as you say, the contrast is the same.
Roger.

Offline martin998877

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 10 March 2020, 07:22 »
Hi, I can’t see how to set the front fog lights to come on with the high beam headlights.  How do you do that?

Thanks.
Golf GTi Mark 7 owner

Offline martin998877

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 18 March 2020, 19:27 »
Hi, I can’t see how to set the front fog lights to come on with the high beam headlights.  How do you do that?

Thanks.

I emailed Carista - very helpful people - the foglights on with high beam mod is difficult they say.

The beta version has three times as many options so its worth signing up for that.
Golf GTi Mark 7 owner

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 18 March 2020, 20:33 »

Thanks.
The beta version has three times as many options so its worth signing up for that.

Do you/or anyone have the full list of available extra mods in the beta version?. I've on the fence for buying one of these but so far the only use would be to disable the silly fake engine sound  :grin: