Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2759100 times)

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9950 on: 27 January 2020, 09:33 »
VW again today. This time, control arm bushes getting replaced under warranty.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9951 on: 27 January 2020, 09:58 »

Such a PITA going back and forth to the dealers  :sad:

You weren’t in Sheffield yesterday were you?! Saw a black 3dr flash past that sounded louder than a normal Mk7 GTI  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9952 on: 27 January 2020, 22:39 »

Such a PITA going back and forth to the dealers  :sad:

You weren’t in Sheffield yesterday were you?! Saw a black 3dr flash past that sounded louder than a normal Mk7 GTI  :smiley:

Not me, although I am having difficulty remembering where I was yesterday.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9953 on: 07 February 2020, 14:29 »

It was up early and a drive over the Pennines to Stockport this morning for an appointment with Rick at Unicorn.

A touch over 300bhp with a decent amount of torque to go with it. Not had chance to test it properly but you can certainly notice the difference.

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9954 on: 07 February 2020, 15:53 »

It was up early and a drive over the Pennines to Stockport this morning for an appointment with Rick at Unicorn.

A touch over 300bhp with a decent amount of torque to go with it. Not had chance to test it properly but you can certainly notice the difference.

Nice figures..... more likely to be 400bhp if you still have the factory Bridgestone's on with all the spinning they do!! :grin:

I do keep thinking about having it done, what was the cost if you don't mind me asking? and is that with just a remap or have you got other mods too?

2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9955 on: 07 February 2020, 16:55 »
Started the process of returning my car to stock. Today, cf mirror caps, R rear lights, CS red centre caps, Audi 12v socket cover and left foot rest all replaced with the original parts. It's a bit sad really. Tomorrow, Audi short shifter, Audi shift cables metal bracket with 42 Draft Designs metal bushes and VW Racingline turbo elbow and inlet pipe to go.

If anyone is interested in the spare parts, I'd rather they go to someone on here who is going to use and enjoy them, PM me with an offer. I'm not going to be greedy, I've had my fun, but be reasonable! I will probably keep the Racingline parts for now along with the CS centre caps and 12v cover.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #9956 on: 07 February 2020, 18:01 »
Watts, ironocally the only parts I was interested in were the Turbo inlet & CS centre caps, not to worry.

Both will  fit the TCR antway, so it makes sense to hang on to them.

Did you notice any tangible benefit of fitting the elbow?

I appreciate the centre caps will improve overall handling balance in the order of 10-15%, but intrigued by the inlet, cheers! :)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9957 on: 07 February 2020, 18:21 »
Watts, ironocally the only parts I was interested in were the Turbo inlet & CS centre caps, not to worry.

I appreciate the centre caps will improve overall handling balance in the order of 10-15%, but intrigued by the inlet, cheers! :)

There was a wee bit of an improvement with the elbow and inlet pipe, it just seems to pick up a bit quicker. It's not a massive difference, I suspect the real advantage will be for stage 2 tuning where it seems to be required. The engineering is of a high quality and it is nice replacing the cheap VW part. If I change my mind I'll let you know/first refusal.

The centre caps though, yes huge difference! :laugh: They do look nice! But if they don't suit the black wheels, again, I'll let you know! That'll likely be quite soon.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9958 on: 07 February 2020, 18:24 »
 GTI has a service tomorrow at main dealers seems a bit piontless to get a loan to drive home then drive back in a hour or so so ill just go for a walk

I have been targeted and had a call from their sales regarding a run out 7,5 / TCR deal but its not really happening

really happy with the mk7 still and that adds 5 main dealer stamps in the book
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #9959 on: 07 February 2020, 18:31 »

There was a wee bit of an improvement with the elbow and inlet pipe, it just seems to pick up a bit quicker. It's not a massive difference, I suspect the real advantage will be for stage 2 tuning where it seems to be required. The engineering is of a high quality and it is nice replacing the cheap VW part. If I change my mind I'll let you know/first refusal.

The centre caps though, yes huge difference! :laugh: They do look nice! But if they don't suit the black wheels, again, I'll let you know! That'll likely be quite soon.

That's good of you, many thanks! :)